In case you missed it, Dem's voted to keep the shutdown going . . .

Last year, Senate Dems voted on a bill that funded the wall for $25 billion over 10 years in exchange for permanent residence for people who have received DACA protections.

Did you know that?

Do you know why it didn’t pass?

I know all about it drop the smartest guy in the room crap cause it doesn’t impress me.

We are dealing with today.

You and I are going to disagree and that’s fine…When Chuck and Nancy step up I ll be impressed…

At the moment they remain very unimpressive.

Do you know all about it?

If so, how can you continue to claim that they haven’t even come close?

The biggest obstacle here is Trump.

Your 5th grade caliber nicknames were stupid the first time you used them. Keep it up. Just shows the lack of maturity of your posts.

Dear God man…

It’s like talking to the very wall the ■■■■■■■ in Chief had his ignorant followers chanting for.

1 Like

Disingenuous much?

If the motion had succeeded, and the bill had been passed and been signed into law, it would have provided all furloughed and excepted federal employees with the paycheck they missed last week, but the agencies would have remained unfunded and the paycheck due next week still would not go out.

Forgot the source for the above passage.

No…the D’s do NOT hold ONE of the three branches. If you can’t even get that simple fact right…well…why should we take your argument seriously?

Now you are trying to tell us our Congress has three parts to it? What does the Bi- in Bicameral mean to you?

There’s a Schoolhouse Rock channel on YouTube.

1 Like

Last year we were talking about legislation to pass in congress. Not this year…

The House is passing lots of legislation. Where’s Mitch?

and notice there’s no coverage of of it. No, debate on what they pass… Look how vague your post is…

Really? It’s been covered by the media I read.

I keep things vague so as not to confuse you. Details can be that way.

and yet, no link…

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/28/all-actions

Where’s Mitch?

That was cheap…

You asked for a link.

Where’s Mitch?

Snow, come on you are better than this.

GOV 101, there are three branches of government:

• Executive (President as the Chief Executive)
  • Legislative (Congress which includes the Senate and the House, current split 50/50 between the GOP Senate and the DEM House)
  • Judicial (Ah Courts)

With the GOP Senate and DEM house the legislative branch is .5 (50%), with a GOP President and Trumps Conservatives now on the SCOTUS then the GOP controls 2.5 branches of government.
.>>>>

What does it take to pass a bill (or budget or CR) into law TC?

It takes an affirmative vote in the house. An affirmative vote in the senate, and the signature of the president.

Now if the president were to veto, then a super majority in the house to override and and super majority in the senate to also over ride.

Now house, seante, president.

How many controlled by R’s and how many controlled by D’s. And who is saying “we will not put 1 dollar in the bill for a wall” when they could put a few billion and clear this up in a heart beat.