Impeachment Doesn’t Require a Crime

Not true. There was an investigation going on and Biden attempted to stop it by having the investigator fired. He said it and you heard it.

Then Republicans should have done something about it when BIDEN did it. I have no problem with calling Biden out…but if you think about it. He no longer is the VP and as such, what difference does it make. He probably abused his power…but Republicans missed their chance. It’s as easy as that.

Psst, check the date, this happened a month before Biden got Shokin fired.

1 Like

Career diplomats are also a part of the problem and it’s taken years so far, to have them exposed and removed. As this process continues, “draining the swamp”…more and more is coming to light. That’s why Durham is bz investigating all of this that went on behind the scenes. That’s why he stopped what he was doing and uncharacteristically told IG Horowitz, he did not agree with his conclusion. It’s all coming quickly…hence…the need to quickly impeach this President by establishment politicians who have a lot to lose in this whole…matter.

A President Pence would stop Durham?

Fire Bill Barr?

Just about anything Trump does (or doesn’t do) is abuse of power to TDSers.

1 Like

As pointed out in the National Review. This impeachment didn’t have to be about crimes…Crimes is something that people uneducated on the process of impeachment throw out there when they bang their chest and say where are the HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS?

There does not need to be.

He got elected.

2 Likes

Dec. 8, 2015: Biden visited Kiev again and spoke out against bureaucratic corruption that he said was eating Ukraine “like a cancer.” Biden threatened to withhold loan guarantees unless Ukraine’s top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who had been widely accused of corruption, was removed.

Shokin had investigated Burisma but the probe was dormant at the time Biden pushed for the prosecutor’s termination, Bloomberg reported earlier this year, citing a former Ukrainian official.

March 29, 2016: The Ukrainian Parliament voted to remove Shokin.

Sorry, but its true.

2 Likes

Because it’s easier to deny a potentially correct source…than it is to continue with the fallacy of the Trump Defense.

While it is true no actual crime is required to impeach, it would certainly bolster the case if there were, so it matters whether or not one is required.

Yes, yes, according to a former official they spoke with, what I linked was a contemporaneous Ukraine press story that was printed one month before he was fired where they were seizing the Burisma owners property. Which would seem to indicate otherwise.

The take away is for the next Trump impeachment make sure you run the inquiry in a more thorough and deliberate manner.

I expect we will have another in his second term, unless the house flips back to R.

:circus_tent:

That “probe dormant” status isn’t synching with the NO investigation rhetoric I often see.

Agreed Zan…I have been on record stating that Democrats jumped on this too soon…I think they were seeing that maybe they were losing their opportunity and that they were not going to get much traction. I think this is largely a campaign commercial brought to you by CSPAN and any other network carrying it. Impeachment as it is brought forth today is nothing more than to try to convince people not to vote for him in the second term. It may work and it may not.

I have always hated the idea of impeachment. It is divisive, It is a crap shoot…and the only president who every really had a shot of being removed was Nixon, and he stepped down before being impeached. (of the three that have been or would have been in my lifetime).

I do not agree CAMP…I feel that if this goes no where, and it likely it will, The Democrats will get such an ass whoopin from the conservative media, and the Republican party in the press, it will effectively neuter them over the next four years. IT will easily be written off as sour grapes.

Just like any action outside of funeral and burial is an abuse of corpse.

Unless the family signs off on donating the body to science which then opens up the corpse to all manner of post mortem testing and slicing and dicing…for science.

I hope you are right.

I thought the Mueller finding would have cooled their heels and here we are.

I am convinced they feel they have nothing to lose and will push as much as possible with a house majority. A SLIM majority might be the best outcome. They won’t be able to use the house for politics and won’t be able to berate a R majority.

If I were running democrats strategy I would rather have taken even just one of his retweets of known racists to the impeachment mat than this one. Or one of his endorsements of violence at rallies. Or his diplomacy through dumb tweet thing he’s done.

So what the Ukrainians had the principles not to give Trump – a phony illusion of corruption on the part of the Bidens, you fully expect the Senate Republicans to deliver. At least we know who has the stomach to keep their Republic!