Impeachment Doesn’t Require a Crime

I used to know quite well one of the the house managers who tried Clinton. he said after the impeachment went the way it did…the berating they got in congress from democrats from the media was brutal. He won one more term and then they started coming after him, and he walked away. Couldn’t be more proud of him. He had, while he was there set up a scholarship fund for kids in our district. It had not been used yet, he was letting it grow to a more sizable amount so more kids could use it at one time. He was too honest a guy to do anything corrupt. And he defended himself on it and was successful, but the damage was done. He walked away from congress and went back to life in the private sector.

I think once this is done…there will be plenty of fall out…and the democrats run the risk if they go back a second time of alienating those who supported them this time as being political instead of righteous.

There won’t be a second impeachment.

Yep, there’s the truth.

No way you can predict that. Can anyone reasonably guarantee Trump won’t do something totally egregious for starters? Heck I wouldn’t guarantee republicans won’t impeach him.

The president.

Having a personal attorney act on behalf of his private client and not for the US gov while jeopardizing our national interests to pressure a foreign state to announce investigations into his political rival does not qualify as official US foreign policy.

If Trump gave Russia our classified information so that he could build Trump Tower Moscow, that would not qualify as our official foreign policy stance.

So you ARE in favor of submitting the video excerpt that shows the BEST way to force Ukrainian corruption reform.

Sounds fine to me.

:circus_tent:

If Pelosi remains speaker I would expect one.

It is personal to her.

Her I don’t HATE anyone screed revealed THAT hand.

:circus_tent:

I’m in favor of ignoring the Republican talking point that there is no difference between openly carrying out US policy in US interest with broad international support and secretly subverting US policy for personal gain.

It might be better to show the Senate Republicans a video of the old Sesame Street song “One of These Things Is Not Like the Other” which explains a level of concept management sorely lacking among Republican Senators and other Trump supporters.

1 Like

Oh its pretty clear that the deranged Dems don’t think anything is required for impeachment other then their TDS hatred.

It doesnt matter. Many republicans, and posters, have simply decided they dont care about anything other then protecting Trump.
Not wanting to hear from Bolton - a man who could really answer the questions flat out, is all the proof you need.
Regardless of everything else- if you want to know if Trump withheld funds for political reasons - Bolton can answer the question. Anyone who would like to know the truth would want him to testifiy.

Instead we hear the most silly and ridiculous things from the Trump supporters - Including “If the senate doesnt remove from office he is no longer impeached” and “If there is no criminal violation you cant impeach”.
At this point -its like trying to explain to a 2 year old why they just cant Ice Cream for every meal. You just have to smile and pat their head.

1 Like

How can the person who is constitutionally tasked with setting US foreign policy, subvert US foreign policy?

1 Like

I have no objection to Bolton testifying. I’ll point out that we don’t know whether or not he can answer the questions you think he can though.

I did tell someone the other day if Bolton testified and said “Trump made it clear to me that this was not a quid per quo, and that he wanted to ensure nothing was illegal on his side”. I would have nothing but respect and fully accept that answer.

But considering the lengths Trump has gone to block his testimony - Im not sure that is what will be said.

That is completely false. You are free to believe something completely inaccurate of course. But don’t expect the rest of us to play along with this false narrative.

Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of Republicans in Congress. There will never be a second impeachment.

Nah, this is it.
One and done.

By using US policy to pursue personal gain rather than the national interest.

When Biden pressured Ukraine to fire Shokin he was following US goals of opposing corruption in Ukraine. One demonstration of this was he was completely open about what he was doing.

When Trump pressured Ukraine by withholding military assistance (and Zelensky still has not gotten a White House meeting) this was with the goal fo generating dirt on a political rival by limiting Ukraine’s ability to oppose Russia’s invasion.

The difference between the two is self evident.

It is increasingly obvious that if Donald Trump shot a Republican Senator in front the capital the only impact would be the vote to acquit him would be 52-47.

So were y’all telling porkies when you said you’d read The Federalist Papers or what?

He wasnt…you are promoting a lie from john solomon…

You got suckered…

Should just make a thread called groundhog day and get this over with.

1 Like