Immigration rebellion

That would be optimal. However, my argument is if they are detained the children are safer from being kept in a general population with unknown adults.

I know families living in poverty and yes, they have access to all these services including toys! Homeless children are different but most people living in poverty are not homelessā€¦

Thatā€™s whose families are being shoved around by the Trump admin.

When all else fails scream racism.

Youā€™re going with that? Seriously I need to point out and explain to an adult that it means traveling unaccompanied?

Not that youā€™re actually interested in facts but thereā€™s a pretty decent article here.

The failed experiment of immigrant family detention

Well, if the people who are entering the country are not white then it stands to reason, doesnā€™t it? That isnā€™t about racism. It just is what it is.

The ruling establishing the standards is the same whether they are accompanied or not when interdicted.

From the same quoted article.

But the California courtā€™s ruling could have dramatic ripple effects to the private prison firms running immigrant family detention centers. The 1997 Flores v. Meese agreement outlined minimum standards for housing and conditions, and declared that children must be afforded basic rights, education, health and social benefits. Those standards must be overseen by a state agency to ensure the childrenā€™s welfare, the court ruled, meaning that without a license, the private prisons can not operate the facilities.

No it didnā€™t. The court ruling only applied to unaccompanied juveniles.

Well thereā€™s 50,000 undocumented Irish in the country and I hear nothing about them!

Google is your friend.

ā€œItā€™s really indiscriminate. ICE, in their aggressive tactics of detention, are going after the Irish as much as theyā€™re going after any other nationality,ā€ says Ronnie Millar, director of the Irish International Immigrant Center in Boston.

Try reading.

50k vs 12-20 million. Which is the bigger problem?

I have. Various sources are all in agreement. It only applies to unaccompanied juveniles.

Thatā€™s good and weā€™re not being selective then! I guess I think only of the southern border because those are the immigrants Trump tweets about. Thatā€™s just another example how Trump playcates to a certain percentage of Trump supportersā€¦

Non-existent as Iā€™ve already pointed out. Itā€™s why they keep trying to use ā€œinternational lawā€ as justification for it.

12-20 million is total illegal immigration, not just coming from southern borderā€¦

And again, the standards apply to all minors.

But the California courtā€™s ruling could have dramatic ripple effects to the private prison firms running immigrant family detention centers. The 1997 Flores v. Meese agreement outlined minimum standards for housing and conditions, and declared that children must be afforded basic rights, education, health and social benefits. Those standards must be overseen by a state agency to ensure the childrenā€™s welfare, the court ruled, meaning that without a license, the private prisons can not operate the facilities.

At least 55-60% of which come from Mexico alone.

They are the biggest problem particularly for the border states.