Immigration rebellion

No, we are not being selective which is as it should be. Illegal is illegal whether you are from Sweden or Mexico.

By the way, you never answered weather you’ve broken the law in the past? Speeding, running a stop sign, driving after couple drinks…anything illegal?

We shouldn’t be detaining them period?

The only alternative then is to deport them all without hearings.

Then we agree DMK! :+1:

Very interesting article. I can tell though that you only read the summary as it is not making the same argument you are in the slightest. The reason the article felt it was a failed experiment is because we shouldn’t be detaining refugee children period and that it is inhumane. Nowhere did the article say it is better to separate the children from their mother

What does that even have to do with what is being discussed? I haven’t entered or remained in the US illegally.

When I’ve broken the law and been caught I paid the price.

Nowhere did I say the article asserted any such thing.

What if the government said because of what you’ve done, you’re a danger to your children and take them away? It’s not unimaginable and has been done…

Negative unaccompanied juveniles only. Since you’re incapable of admitting error, this is for everyone else in this thread.
https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/politics/wp/2018/06/15/why-the-trump-administration-bears-the-blame-for-separating-children-from-their-families-at-the-border/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fwp%2F2018%2F06%2F15%2Fwhy-the-trump-administration-bears-the-blame-for-separating-children-from-their-families-at-the-border%2F

1 Like

Ok, now you’re being utterly ridiculous. I’ve never put my kids or anyone else’s kids in danger.

Repeating it doesn’t make it true. The standards are the same accompanied or not.

In any debate there is common ground that can be found. I very strongly disagree with children being detained with adults. You don’t. That is where I and other posters part ways.

Danger is relative, and If you broke the law you broke the law What you think is acceptable may be considered dangerous to another person…

I have no problem with the families being reunited once parentage has been established which can of course take months.

The problem then is where you detain them in a humane manner as families and at what cost to the US taxpayer.

Ok you’ve gone straight past ridiculous to flat out stupid.

Proving once again how clueless you are… One does not apply for asylum outside of the country, one applies to be a refugee when outside the country… NO US EMBASSY accepts asylum applications, none, never have, never will…

Didn’t read the link. Not surprising. Have a lovely evening.

Of course he didn’t.

Hey, just hate seeing someone’s kids being taken away for bad choices of the parents. Whether it’s crossing the border or breaking other laws of the country…

I WANT the families reunited. But I am sick and tired of catch and release. I want ALL illegals deported regardless of country of origin.

It is about time we start taking care of our own. We have enough problems in this country without carrying and financing the burden of others.