Illinois manufacturer moving to Mexico over Trump tariffs

But not the current administration. Alrighty, then.

and yet, you must not know or you would tell us. I bet it sounds a lot like Trump, if dems had any policy on trade.

See… Dems have no plans. We don’t even know what they stand for on trade.

I wouldn’t mind putting the screws to China. Doing it while picking a fight with the rest of the world at the same time is pretty stupid.

Gosh, dems do have things in common with Trump. Not surprising since he’s basically an old time hard hat dem. You have to negotiate trade when you have a booming economy.

The way Trump is negotiating trade is destructive and idiotic.

We will be lucky if we get back to where we were before this all started

1 Like

I posted bunch of Stack On information here but was deleted.

In a nut shell they build Cheap gun/tool cabinets and boxes, and I mean really cheap to compete with China made crap.

It can’t be done, you cannot compete with China with their cheap made goods here in the states.

They were paying their workers 11 dollars an hour. It might have worked for em during slow economy with large labor pool to pull employees. But with a tight labor marker now…11 dollars don’t cut it.

As, if you know… Or So, CNN says…

I don’t watch CNN.

Just going off of times that this has happened in the past.

There will be a net job loss but The cultists will work to deny it.

Grain farmers have already compared this to the grain embargo under Carter. They lost markets.

No good business owner would close manufacturing plants, fire most of his US employees, and open new manufacturing plants in another country, based upon temporary tariffs, other actions, political rhetoric, and the typical back and forth dealings that take place during trade negotiations.

This guy is greedy, and thinks he make better profits using low wage workers in Mexico, and hopes he can make believe it’s all Trump’s fault.

I was thinking the same thing.

There hasn’t been anything like what Trump is doing in the past 50 years so I don’t know on what basis you’re making a comparison? Iran, Turkey, Russia, China…and several other countries are faring worse right now and IMO you’ll see a positive impact with in the next 120 days.

Maybe This is Trump’s way of trying to convince China and other nations, that he is serious, and it’s not some impulsive act.

“Pretty stupid?” I’m not so sure. The Trump admin seems to feel our current economy and booming employment situation gives the US the upper hand, and that would be the best time to push for a better trade deal.

New home starts are declining farmers are suffering and sales are being cancelled.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/04/the-associated-press-american-boat-makers-feel-the-crunch-from-trump-tariffs.html?&qsearchterm=boat

But hey 4 more months of suffering it’s all good.

The President may feel that way.

I have great doubts that he will get much out of it.

He will get us back to near where we started and claim victory.

And the cultists will love it.

Yeah. Keep this up for 120 more days.

You know what is going to happen?

In 120 days the Democrats will take back congress and the economy will ■■■■ the bed which will give the cultists someone other than Trump to blame.

Trump supporters are not like the partisan Democratic Party hacks, who for eight years didn’t care if he went back on campaign promises and the country suffered under eight years with 2% or less annual GDP growth, as long as they could still claim their guy smiles and talks good.

for Trump supporters, only the positive end results for America that Trump produces will matter; it’s why people can overlook his obvious faults. As long as his policies make America better, who cares if he had sex with a Playboy bunny 12 years ago.

No way Trump doesn’t pay out their tips. Only the ■■■■■■■■■ employers do that.

You could be right?