"Illegal" Shadow Banning

Right. I forgot. If there’s no evidence of something happening, then it’s proof that it definitely is happening.

They are too busy posting hate messages here

1 Like

Damn. I didn’t think of that. The Neo-Nazis are probably complaining right along side the republican politicians.

They are drawn to confrontations with white supremaciats.

I’d love to see twitter close trumps account for spreading lies

It’s as I stated my friend, the evidence isn’t being reported. Why is that?

How do you know about this incident if it isn’t being reported? It’s ironic the PJ media is using tweets from an independent journalist as the source for their story… The irony is just classic…

So violent. Glad everyone made it out alive.

Imagine that. Trumpublicans creating fake news?

https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.com/selectall/amp/2018/07/twitter-is-not-shadow-banning-republicans.html

Really your weren’t talking about the Algorithm in the thread
See the bolds below.

So yes you were IMPLYING that the GOP is racists.

Well you see, tweets are sort of like a cake, and Trump is a customer who wants to go to the cake store to buy a cake…

2 Likes

I don’t know why people call it “Shadow Banning”,

What Twitter has been doing is removing groups of people from Twitter Searches.
Twitter is removing certain phrases from searches.
I have seen it happen to several people in the “Comicsgate” community.
There is a site that tests to see if you have been “Shadow Banned”

There is no actual LAW against what they are doing since they are a Private company.
But they are basically violating there own terms of services. They claim they are a free speech platform.
But its interesting they let Pedophile and rape comments to fly but OMG you say bigoted things they censor it.
Odd.

What’s the issue here? It’s a private company and they can do whatever they want. Why is the orange idiot concerned over this?
Youtube banning Alex Jones videos, why no outrage over this?

Am I the only one who sees a connection between Net Neutrality and Shadow Banning and the old Equal Time broadcast provisions?

When it comes to information, in all three cases, the question is how much control should the conduit (an ISP, Twitter, or a network) have over the content that others pass through that conduit.

They have a responsibility to close his account after this tweet below. Twitter owns the consequences of whatever happens as a result of impluse tweeting. It’s absolutely shameful that they allow this to continue.

download%20(1)

I tried a few times to make a joke comparing this to Net Neutrality. Nothing I had was very good.

Does Donald think Net Neutrality applies here?

I don’t think MLK Jr. as an icon can or should be co-opted by either side. IF anything he should be embraced by both sides. He’s not a Republican or Democrat thing to be used as the face of either party. I think he would have been very upset by the prospect of this kind of talk.

So trump thinks a private company banning people is illegal but banning a journalist from a government press conference is acceptable…

That pretty much sums up modern conservatism…

All trump has to do is choose another service instead of Twitter and watch how quickly Twitter screams. Twitter knows this too.

Why would you lie like that? You tried to make the same claim during the Diamond and Silk nonsense, and were repeatedly shown that even leftist pages were affected.

Have you seen, for example, this thread? Wasn’t started by a left-winger.

2 Likes