Illegal immigration and Kids

Yup. Trump needs to get the focus off of the Russia investigation.

I would take that to indicate the faux outrage over the separation of children is also no longer relevant.

I never bought the premise that these kids were improperly treated and showed examples of previous administrations struggling with applying the law.

I also do not mind that President Trump was forced to act in lieu of Congress for the moment to assure that all that can be done to keep families together is in fact legally done.

The border is a real mess and my hope is that the media focus remains there and we get one of these two R bills passed. I prefer the one Ted Cruz has championed.

The drama continues…

Funny they would petition such an inept entity.

Faux outrage? What part of this whole issue escaped you? Apparently all of it.

I suppose it has.

Still big problems at the border. That remains.

Yeah. Must be exactly why the DEMS brought attention to it. :roll_eyes:

Wag the dog.

No doubt there will be some whining before that. Some really believe this is a victory being “advocates for the children” and all. Wait until the horror stories start coming out. Because mixing children with adults from who know where and of what intent is so wholesome. :roll_eyes:

Then again, if it doesn’t fit the narrative, will we hear about it? Like the photos from the Obama administration being passed off as current conditions?

But, for those who care about the welfare of the children who may be victims of trafficking (not the agenda) there is some good news:

The measure says the administration does not have to keep families together “when there is a concern” that detaining a child with a parent “would pose a risk to the child’s welfare.”

That’s a pretty broad, undefined loophole there. It’s going to slap some butt-hurt on the happy dances and victory laps. Then again (for some) headline blurbs are like shiny objects.

Then, there is this for the victory dancers to consider:

Section 1. Policy. It is the policy of this Administration to rigorously enforce our immigration laws. Under our laws, the only legal way for an alien to enter this country is at a designated port of entry at an appropriate time. When an alien enters or attempts to enter the country anywhere else, that alien has committed at least the crime of improper entry and is subject to a fine or imprisonment under section 1325(a) of title 8, United States Code. This Administration will initiate proceedings to enforce this and other criminal provisions of the INA until and unless Congress directs otherwise. It is also the policy of this Administration to maintain family unity, including by detaining alien families together where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources. It is unfortunate that Congress’s failure to act and court orders have put the Administration in the position of separating alien families to effectively enforce the law.

I actually love this E.O. and think it is a further step in the right direction.

Agreed… rock and a hard place. And he will be criticized for it because “Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.”

How do you differentiate the two when the system is being overwhelmed? It is like trying to bail water out of a boat with a teaspoon that has the hull blown out.

Dems don’t want them to differentiate. Open borders. Welcome all of them in.

I don’t think he cares if he is criticized. I think this E.O. has more teeth than a shark. For example: Define a designated point of entry and an appropriate time. Ergo, if you enter not at a designated point of entry AND/OR TIME you are now committing a crime. Enforcement (no doubt) will mean you are a danger to your child, thus the child will be removed from the person deemed a “criminal”.

This is fantastic for weeding out the fakes and the child traffickers. But, what is getting lost are the REAL asylum seekers for whom I have all the sympathy in the world.

And Congress could fix this if they really wanted to. They still won’t. What does that tell you?

That politicians are for the most part, the scum of the earth.

Well it tells me as usual the media has people focused on the wrong thing. Why aren’t they calling for Congress to get off their butts and fix this? Why does it take an EO?

1 Like

The “media” used to be an unbiased source. Report facts, not opinions. Today, on both sides, facts are distorted. Today, it seems an average person cannot read the Executive Order along with the ability to critically think through it enough to form their own opinion, much less stand by it.

Of course. Hence why you have people convinced that Law Enforcement OFFICERS decide whether or not to prosecute rather than ATTORNEYS, and that Executive Orders supercede laws. Most of society is bereft of critical thinking these days.

That and they lack the understanding of how our government actually works and just go by what the media spoon feeds them.

With the surge at the border they are going to have to use temporary housing facilities whether they are together or not.

I’m not sure what you mean by Law Enforcement officers making legal decisions, but I do believe Congress has lost any semblance of spine long ago. When it comes to shining a spotlight on them, they all remind me of cockroaches scurrying for the safety of the dark.