If they shoot you, they don’t even run

Having a city divided up by warlords is not sustainable.

Apparently it is.

1 Like

Try changing political parties there. Look which party has run the inner cities like Chicage, Detroit and Baltimore for 60 to 70 years. You folks keep electing these left wing liberal wackos and sit back and wonder why things are going to he’ll in a handbasket. It doesn’t take Matlock to figure it out

Use of the passive tense is very powerful.

Does the Republican party have a solution tailored for these cities, or just ■■■■■■■■ platitudes?

Just platitudes.

An incomplete post on my part. I meant to write that unless the police shoot a black person that BLM doesn’t care.

And maybe that’s possibly the most retarded idea I’ve heard in a long time.

Who’s the largest employer in the country and what is their average hourly wage?

You of all people know exactly what’s I’m getting at here.

And maybe you don’t recognize sarcasm. :stuck_out_tongue:

How much is it the police don’t give an f and police are literally worried about going into these neighborhoods. I could care less the color of the skin if I was going into an all white trailer park that they were blasting each other constantly I would not want to go into that trailer park.

Also whether it’s true or not there is the Michael Brown effect were police are not going in because they don’t want to be plastered all over the press in case a shootout happens.

Then don’t be a cop. It’s that simple.

It’s in the job description. It’s no different than being a construction worker building sky scrapers. If you have an issue walking on rafters hundreds of feet in the air then don’t do it.

There are many good cops who do the right thing every day. They patrol these neighborhoods and try to build relationships with the community. They do not get enough praise for the hard work they do.

Other cops see theirselves as occupiers who are there only to clean up the mess in the aftermath.

And some of those who are leaving are simply gangbangers spreading their disease to new areas.

It’s not a disease.

I couldn’t be a cop I would have a hard time writing anyone a ticket, after years of being on the receiving end of many traffic tickets knowing how much is sucks.

Read up on the dust bowl era sometime or maybe just look at the millions of illegals coming to this country arriving with little or nothing in their pockets who manage to start working within hours or days of arriving.

In the current economy if someone remains unemployable it’s due to their own choices not the economy.

Boot out the democrats and entrenched bureaucrats who have been “serving” those administrations for decades and then start the cleanup.

Deploying federal troops on US soil has very stringent constitutional requirements and restrictions.

The Trump Administration may also point to the authority vested in Article IV, § 4 of the Constitution, which states, “The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them … on applicaton of the executive … against domestic violence.”

Even though under Art. IV Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner may ultimately request federal intervention in Chicago, Section 332 makes clear that the President can mobilize troops on his own without waiting for such a request.
https://medium.com/@manker/president-trump-may-have-legal-authority-to-deploy-u-s-troops-in-chicago-a592fa16b5de

I remember in 2004 when Hurricane Charley came through. No electricity for weeks, no cell phone coverage for several days. Trees down in the streets. No gas stations open, so you held on dearly to any reserves. We were pretty much cut off from the rest of the world, or at least if felt like it.

We made a run to Home Depot. There were National Guard armed with rifles at traffic intersections. When we got to Home Depot there was no electricity there, either. Cash only. The National Guard was inside Home Depot as well. Honestly, it was scary as hell. It felt like I’d been dropped in a different country.

In my neighborhood we helped everyone we could. We cooked and shared, people with gas chain saws made their way down the streets to help people with downed trees or to clear the streets. People welcomed you to their swimming pools if you didn’t have one so you could try to keep cool.

I would think the majority of the people in these neighborhoods so affected by crime want to live in a community that is safe. I don’t understand why we wouldn’t send in federal troops. Clearly, the people living there are too afraid the cooperate with the police.

Then again, if a black person gets killed by a white police officer or federal troop, their would probably be riots.

Maybe, it is just a dysfunctional, symbiotic relationship that can’t be fixed.