If the polls are right and biden wins big plus the dems take the senate is that a mandate?

it might be hard for him to run from prison

2 Likes

Sen Ron Johnson.

TV station. Some of America wants President Twitter 24/7.

nice dream you are having.

No. If he loses, Donald Trump’s model will be Jimmy Carter: after a one-term presidency, Trump will spend the next 40 years or so in humble and dignified service to others.

4 Likes

The majority of Americans select “none of the above” by not voting, so no.

Okay. Just kidding. If he loses, I think he’s going to start a Trumpy nationalist media platform. Lots of ■■■■■■■■ about how it will make him even more influential than the president, without all the boring parts. He can watch TV and tweet at all waking moments. That’s what he likes to do. Plus, it will be his own playground, so he can contrive to get the endorphin rushes he needs.

I don’t think it will last, though. Depending on how long he lives, he’s headed for Palinville.

3 Likes

Well done! :smiley:

2 Likes

We can clear this up easily.

Only Republicans can have mandates. Like, when Obama was president, and Democrats only had the Senate? That was when the GOP-led House became the voice of the people, channeling the will of the volk to stop the wily, tyrannical machinations of Obama and the Democrats.

When Trump won in 2016: Mandate.

When the Democrats retook the House in 2018: No Mandate. Only the voter-fraud deep-state apparatus had risen to create mob rule, which ran against the Constitutional Republican ideals embodied by Donald Trump.

3 Likes

Why are you putting words into another poster’s mouth?

I keep hearing it being mention and that’s not going to happen. DC will never be a state.

Who should decide who is and isn’t “worth listening to”?

DC should be a State. And PR should either be made or state, or set free to their own devices.

1 Like

Agreed with all above, but I do think he is going to wreak havoc with the GOP with the time he has left on this earth. If you don’t lick his boot you are going to face a primary.

He is going to be able to do everything he wants to do and nothing he doesn’t want to, which includes being President and acting like it. He wants the job, he just doesn’t want to do it.

1 Like

Agree with PR, dunno about DC. I sort of look at it like Vatican City. Technically it’s a country? But it only has one resident. DC is the nation’s capital. It should come with more perks than what it has, but 2 Senators? Not sure about that. I think they should not have local taxes at all, just Federal ones. The Federal government should support it and pay its bills.

DC has a larger population than a couple of other states that have full representation in the Senate. They certainly contribute exponentially more to the GDP than a bunch of other states who have full representation in the Senate. I believe ALL Americans deserve equal representation in each branch of government.

1 Like

Oh I get that, just not sure this area counts as a state. Maybe DC should be part of Maryland or Virginia? Then they would have Senators.

1 Like

One of the legit reasons this is a big thing is that the administration of DC by Congress has been a nightmare for about a century and the completely ineffectual and mostly fake home rule charter just gives Congress an excuse to blame the ghost of Marion Barry for any problems.

I dunno, the whole point of the District is that it’s not a part of a state, giving that state an unfair advantage in Congress. This is the biggest argument against DC statehood. The five hundred most powerful people in the country live there six months a year.

Oh? A new wool coat?