If it should be free, then

but what did Obama spend on golf and dinners in NYC?

1 Like

Butā€¦butā€¦butā€¦whatabout Obummer?

1 Like

Whats there to work for? Why are they working? Baby Boomers were handed a lot in their lives. Donā€™t believe me? Ask George Carlin! The motto of their whole generation was ā€œGive me that! Itā€™s MINE!!ā€

The hypothetical person bootz uses as a convenient prop to get his point across. No sense waiting around for a real person to actually say something to disagree with. Who has time for that?

as an editor i would expect you to compare data points. does trump spend more or less than other presidents?

you probably do not know.

Butā€¦butā€¦butā€¦Trump plays golf!

You really donā€™t understand whataboutism, do you?

1 Like

Do you not pay income tax?

Sure they do. If some of their good hearted patients or greatfull students didnā€™t occasionally bring them a chicken or a couple of cabbages, they would all starve to death. :roll_eyes:

Exactly my point.

Biden has proposed expansion of existing programs and new programs that will add about 8 trillion dollars to the budget. The Republicans may be fiscally irresponsible, but compared to the Democrats, they are misers.

Hear! Hear! Amen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:thinking: What Country do you live in? Conservatives have not been in charge of the purse strings in this country for 40 years.

1 Like

You have an odd way to state your point then. Thatā€™s not even close to what you said.

Hard to believe that I need to explain this but here goes anyway - obviously taxes will pay for those things outlined in the OP as well including salaries of would-be teachers and doctors. Therefore nothing is truly free and nobody would work for free.

Fine, but thatā€™s still not what you said in the post I first responded to.

This should be good tell me what baby boomers were given?

That was obviously sarcasm lest you think I was seriously stating that all of my national security bills have been lost in the mail by the irreparably inept Postal Service :slight_smile:

Okay, I will buy that. However, keep in mind if you are going to be sarcastic in these Forums, given the silly crap that gets posted here as serious, it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between sarcasm and foolish remarks without the use of an appropriate emoticon.

1 Like

Why yes, I do. I commented that his widely touted (usually by him) $1 salary is dwarfed by the amount he has charged us for golfing damn near every weekend. A sport he said he wouldnā€™t be playing, because he would be working too much, unlike his predecessor.

You really donā€™t understand simple declarative sentences, do you?

And what does trhat have to do with the thread topic?