I thought Obama was smarter than this

Yes. Of course it is.

It will still pay off. Go ahead.

Grouping people into males and females is discriminatory? How about by age, like minors and adults? Atheists and theists? As soon as someone talks about people belonging to those groups, they’re being discriminatory?

Of course.

Of course. Yes to all.

Male and female bathrooms. Discriminatory. Male and female sports teams. Discriminatory. Differences in male and female insurance premiums. Discriminatory. Differences in male and female healthcare utilization. Discriminatory.

Minor and adult legal differences. Discriminatory. Minor and adult social, economic and lifestyle tendencies. Discriminatory. Atheist and theist divorce and charity statistics. Discriminatory.

Those sum things up accurately?

Of course.

Of course.

It seems like you believe “discriminatory” or “discriminating” is derogatory?

Using this definition:

Yes. Discrimination is “derogatory.” Although I think “negative” is a better descriptor than “derogatory.”

If you think otherwise, I wonder what this was meant to infer:

The emphasized text seems to infer a derogatory or negative stance towards discrimination.

Ah, I see the problem. That’s not my definition.

…which is?

Separating or segmenting based on established criteria. We do it all day every day.

What do you call it when you separate or segment based on established criteria in a way which is unjustified or unfair?

Well you must believe we live in an incredibly racist nation as we collect statistics based on race. Our government does this routinely. Racist!!!

Bigotry.

Of course it is. The next question is why.

1 Like

I disagree.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

OK. Let’s go with that. What is it called when people are then treated differently based on bigotry?

It’s right there in your definition

Bigotry.

It’s not illegal to be a bigot. It is illegal to discriminate. If a person is not hired based on race or not allowed to rent an apartment based on sexual orientation, that’s bigotry, not discrimination?

Are we discussing legalities now? How boring.