I thought Obama was smarter than this

Poor attempt at gaslighting.

This is hopeful - perhaps your party might finally recognize that it has an anti-Semitism problem after all.

What about any of that was anti-Semitic?

Yup. Goes back to the idea that some people think being critical of Israel means you hate Jews. They can’t separate a nation from a religion.

1 Like

I agree, to a point. Judaism is more than a religion, not unlike Islam.

What percentage of Israel is not Jewish? Who is making all policy in Israel?

Then there are parallels. Can I be critical of the black nation for 99% in support of Dems without being labeled a racist?

There is no formal “black nation.” That’s a subset of Americans based on skin color. There is a nation of Israel and there is no prerequisite of needing to be Jewish to be a member. That being said, I think there are ways of being critical of the actions of a so-called race without being racist.

“Formal”. Nice. There is most definitely a de facto black nation, whether you recognize it or not.

I believe you might be conflating “nation” and “country”.

I disagree. Again you are referring to the country of Israel.

I’d appreciate an example.

Nation and country can be used synonymously given the context. Perhaps “nation-state” would be less confusing for the context I am using.

The nation-state of Israel does not require its citizens to be of the Jewish faith.

African-Americans, as a group, are hesitant to receive the COVID vaccine. I do not agree with their reasoning and think they should be more accepting of the vaccine.

I disagree.

When you use “nation”, you inject culture. Game changer.

Legally, I understand that. But they are. Do the Muslims there identify as “Israeli”?

That’s racist.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

In saying blacks tend to be hesitant to receive the COVID vaccine, I’m using statistics not prejudice and have used qualifiers to not include all blacks. I’m not being discriminatory or antagonistic. That being said, if people want to use what I said as some sort of “gotcha,” they can knock themselves out.

Currently 14 members of the Knesset are Israeli Arabs, of which at least 4 are Sunni Muslim. I believe they identify as “Israeli.” 17.8% of Israeli citizens are Muslim according to the CIA World Factbook. I don’t have a poll, but I’d assume many of those 1.5 million Muslim Israelis identify as “Israeli.”

Your statistics are racist, they ignore the story of the black nation, the oppression, in this country. The health inequities.

It is extremely discriminatory.

Am I am willing to look at evidence.

By the way, that definition of racism is the white man’s definition.

I disagree. I’m not ignoring history, I’m stating a present day statistical fact. Previous oppression and health inequities have nothing to do with it.

Discrimination is the unfair or unjustified distinction or treatment of an individual based on a characteristic such as race. The distinction is statistical. I have not advocated any specific treatment of blacks based on their vaccine hesitancy.

You are doing both.

As soon as you grouped them, it became discriminatory.

OK. What’s the non-white man’s definition? If there is no contextual definition, there’s no use in discussion.

Really? Grouping individuals by characteristic is discriminatory?

You are being led :grin:.

1 Like

Come on now, I was a post or two away from the pay-off. You ruined the build up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Crud. Sorry. I will slink away now for party pooping lol

1 Like