I Think I Figured Out What Equity Really is

Sure I can. I give business to local businesses because price of the good is not the only consideration when making a purchase. Sure, most people just buy the cheapest product, then they buy it a few more times after it falls apart.

Folks are changing somewhat because fuel, groceries and everything costs more. It gets real when you’re on a fixed income. Trust me.

1 Like

Giving local business and complaining about a company’s success aren’t the same thing.

Which is why I expect a huge senior citizen turn out in November.

I totally get that.

I happen to agree with this statement…but it is not the answer to the question I asked…which was directed at your post where you implied the ending of corporal punishment was a bad thing to have happened.

1 Like

Again, wasn’t complaining about their success, I was complaining about the helping hand our government gave them by shutting down their competitors.

They didn’t need the helping hand. Online retail was closing retail stores long before the pandemic.

I had plenty of alternatives to Amazon even during the worst of the “shutdowns”.

I’m not going to deny they made money hand over fist during the lockdown part of the pandemic…but as F&C pointed out, the massive wealth transfer to companies like Amazon began long before the pandemic, and has its roots in the fact conservative supply side economics ruled the day from 1981-2008.

In both parties.

Bunches of seniors here in SFL. Not doing mail order voting later next month in the primaries. Lots of us codgers are going to the polls on Election Day. Going to be a reckoning. :star_struck:

60 days for peeing outside? :rofl:

Not a fan of corporal punishment myself. I never saw any need to do it with my kids. I mean, I had all the power, I could dictate bed times, privileges, what clothes they wore, what they ate etc etc. That was ample leverage to get them to do as I told them. But I rarely even had to go there since my kids, like most kids, want to please their parents. Plus I could make them cry with a dirty look. If anything I had to walk on eggshells to avoid that more then I had to discipline.

Trust me, nothing gets a teen girls attention faster than suggesting if they don’t behave dad will be doing the clothes shopping next fall.

There could be and often is even worse punishment, many people have been put on the sex offender registry for it. For life.

I hit one of my kids one time and one time only…my son was about to put his hand on a lit gas burner on the stove.

I know “the burned hand teaches best” is a saying, but in this case, the pain from my slap imo was a far more effective teaching tool than actually letting his hand get burned.

I never wanted to look into my kids eyes and see fear.

“There could be worse punishment” is in no ways a justification for this severity of punishment.

60 days in jail for peeing/pooping outside is excessive and ridiculous.

I get what the city council was trying to do. I also get the concern of business owners, but seriously…if there is a rash of people going to the bathroom outside, that speaks to a far greater issue.

I mean seriously…do people really believe that now that the punishment is only a civil infraction and a fine, there’s going to be a rash of people heading outside to Main Street to do their business?

This thinking that unless an action has punitive consequences people will rush to do it is just mystifying to me.

Just pointing out that in many cases people receive worse punishment than that sixty days.

They may not rush to do it but they will be less hesitant to do so if it’s legal and they need to go.

I see you trying. :eyes:

1 Like

Get control of yourself.