I Think I Figured Out What Equity Really is

Don’t know, never saw one in practice. Unless you count the illegal drug trade.

And yet continuously referenced as a good thing and an ultimate goal….

It has everything to do with it, even if your ignorance of this truth is impeding your comprehension. Both sides must be united and that’s not happening.

1 Like

He’s only partly correct. Here in our corner of S FL, charter and private schools practice good order and discipline policies. It’s considered a privilege to attend and minimum testing standards must be met just to be invited. A student that can’t get with the program is asked to leave and attend a traditional county school where “they might be happier”.
That said, working for the school district I transport students. The last school year I had a couple of incidents with middle schoolers that we resolved. My high, middle and elementary students did well. But listening to some of the cross talk between other drivers and dispatch on coms there are maniacs out there on the county busses. I’m of the opinion if they act like that on a school bus for a ten or fifteen minute ride? What the ■■■■ is going on inside that building?

1 Like

Show me one elected Republicans calling for an end to any and all business regulations.

You can use all those fun words trying to go after what i know and what i do t

United in goals doesn’t mean corporal punishment. I know your view on violence and its ability to deter or to create civility. It should scare the living crap out of anyone.

Give Democrat politicians enough power and time and soon enough we too will become a third world country.

I am not discussing elected republicans. I am talking to you about you being jealous of Jeff bezos success.

Again, it’s not his success when the government closes his competition and leaves his business open.

Which mall was closed or had stores close in them because of the government and not online retail?

You can’t be serious.

Online retail is killing brick and mortar stores. The governemnt didn’t shut down Barnes and noble.

I Mean i guess it makes sense given the fact that you guys argued that Target was losing stock value because of unisex bathrooms and not online retail. I don’t know if you ever discussed target and its “wokeness” but the argument was made.

True, that however does not negate the following.

Was jeff bezos not a multi billionaire on March 1 2020?

I wasn’t complaining about him being a billionaire, I was complaining about local businesses being closed down while he got to continue his operation.

“If you can shop at a local retail”

People aren’t because online retail. That was true on March 1, 2020

It also sounded a bit like jealousy of someone’s success of cornering the market.

You can’t argue for mom and pop stores while simultaneously praising capitalism. It doesn’t compute. I love capitalism for example but i also understand that it comes at a huge price.

Y’all really love giving the state more and more power for no damn reason.

What penalty should we give to someone who pees outside? 1 year in prison?

1 Like

My wife needed a new garden hose nozzle. I ordered on the Prime it’s here in less than 24 hours. I could drive to Home Depot and get the same one for the same price, pay tax and burn $4.00 worth of gas.
Normally I would jump in the truck, go to HD and probably buy a few more things then go to Costco and drop a coupla hundred there.
But it’s where we are.

1 Like

you know it’s funny that i know that Amazon has things that lowes or Home Depot does but i guess because of my somewhat instant gratification nature i get in my car and go to the damn store instead of just waiting an extra day :man_facepalming:

60 days in the county lock up cleaning up after a bunch of convicts that ■■■■ and piss everywhere sounds fair.