I LOVE the country life!

Isn’t that the typical case?

I was listening to a talk radio show last week and the thought of each state having an electoral college for election of the governor was discussed.

I was white knuckling Florida in the last election and breathed a sigh of relief when DeSantis was elected. He is doing a great job so far.

Most of the State is red, but the blues can cancel that in sheer numbers.

Intriguing thought, isn’t it?

Meh. Wouldn’t say cool so much as just like anyone else’s who is passionate about politicians.

Gators are fine eating when cooked right though.

They’re plentiful where I live. I’ve had to stop on rural highways to let them cross on a few occasions. One Highway I’ve traveled on frequently my whole life runs through the middle of a swamp; it’s built on raised ground. Gators cross the highway all the time.

2 Likes

I am enjoying the onset of first real cold weather of the season. Will have some 17 degree weather approaching. The foliage is done up here for the year and is in its last week in the Carolinas.

On US-211, which runs from Warrenton, Virginia to Newmarket, Virginia, after you passed Sperryville and started up the Blue Ridge, there was a pipe that always ran with fresh spring water. For whatever reason, it was closed off quite a few years ago, but it was real good water.

1 Like

My North Carolina property is fed solely by spring water. Springs are very prevalent in the area.

She’s a sweet looking Quarter.

1 Like

We had one on our property growing up, slightly smaller then this…had nice pool and you could easy stand under it to cool off.

Taken few girls there in my early years. :wink:

You’re blaming the victim.

What do you suggest for everyone who lives in cities? Tear up all the buildings and turn it back into farm land?

I suggest they figure out how to stop being a part of the problem on their own. I have my own children to raise. lol

The most liberal parts of the country are the big overcrowded inner cities with little to no open space, few trees, no forests, wall to wall cars, trash on the streets and graffiti on the walls.

And those areas are very diverse. If you look at all of the red areas in this country, there is a direct correlation with the lack of diversity.

Not necessarily.

Mississippi is rural and is fairly diverse, at least if you’re talking about blacks and whites. The Hispanic population is growing, too.

There are rural parts of Mississippi, those parts are red and not very diverse.

Depends on where your at.

The rural areas are self segregated, but there are plenty of blacks and whites in rural Mississippi.

The cities are just as self segregated. Just the nature of things.

There’s diversity, but it’s not integrated.

We have all kinds of diversity in this area…no “segregating”, self or otherwise, except we tend to keep horses away from the neighbor’s cattle…
I dont care what “race” a person is. If my neighbor needs help, they get it. Borrow a tractor? U betcha…gotta get ur crops in n livestock fed. Need a t-post driver? Here ya go…fences gotta stay up to keep critters safe at home.
I see folks all over this country fighting n scrapping over STUPID stuff n it starts out as differing opinions n ends up a nasty, name- calling peeing contest. I feel quite blessed to live where I do. I’d rather take an arse- whoopin than go to the city…too much pavement makes folks act ugly.
Be nice today. Its tuff to cuddle with a porcupine.

3 Likes

Which has nothing to do with my point. Furthermore what does racial diversity have to do with anything? I put a thread sometime back which looked at the best countries of the world to live in and one of the observations was that all of them outside of the US had minimal to very little ethnic diversity.

We must have missed that memo. Buying in Grafton, MA, can get you a Guaranteed Rural Loan, and there are black & Asian Indian as well as Muslim religious minorities here.

Don’t have photo at this time except one of the drinking coasters I’ve crocheted since moving here, but I love country living, too.

2 Likes

Pretty pup!

I only have about 3 acres (grew up on about 18 acres), but I’m with you-I’ll take country life over the city seven days a week.

Here’s my boy.

2 Likes

Hes GORGEOUS! :star_struck:
I love plush coats, but tend to stick with the short hairs cuz mine lives in the house. Shes my Physical Stability Assistance (Medical) Service Dog. She goes everywhere with me n is trained to assist me if my back goes out n I fall. Had a 3 level spine fusion n I have rheumatoid n osteoporosis arthritis. Didnt win the genetic lottery… lol
Your pup is beautiful. Mine is an Ayers Legends GSD. Where did u get urs? Local breeder?

1 Like