I LOVE the country life!

It certainly can be!

Here’s a pic of our local wildlife :rofl:

4 Likes

that’s my Sonny Dee Bar mare…n that’s my barn. 5 stalls for the pampered babies.
*covered the face of the lady in the barn. I used to work for her early in my career n she was there to see our place. Shes a well known Arabian horse breeder. Wanted her to remain annonymous.

Your pics look stunning. I guess I will have to add Northern Oklahoma to places for my wife and I to visit. Maybe you could set up a Bed & Breakfast cabin?

1 Like

Wow… I’m not a fan of gaters…
We have ferrel hogs here…

I hate gators. They are pretty damn scary :grimacing:

We have feral hogs here as well, but in all of my years living here I’ve never seen one.

Your pictures are beautiful. I’m really glad you shared them with everyone. It makes me want to add your neck of the woods to a place that must be seen!

1 Like

I will be 100% honest haha, I’m jealous. Looks like a great set up.

My game plan is to pay my house in town off early for a nice downpayment outside of town with some land, but I’m not patient haha.

Well done, enjoy your life!

1 Like

Thanks so much. We dont get much time off n it took alot of sacrifice to get here, but it is truly a blessed life n I pray with all my heart u are able to live your dream life very soon,too. There is nothing like living the country life. :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

I will always stick to the forests of Appalachia myself.

That particular waterfall is on government land, but you can find sights like that throughout much of Appalachia. I have a couple of smaller ones on my North Carolina property not too far from where a couple of brooks initiate from mountain runoff. Pretty much all old growth forest. Plenty of bears and coyotes in the area.

Tasty when blackened. :wink:

I have property in Murphy up in the mountains. I have a waterfall at the base. Nothing as beautiful as that, but enough to create a peaceful sound. I do hope I can build and move there one day.

I’ve only had them fried. Didn’t much care for it. I suppose a smaller gator tail could be tasty blackened :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I disagree. Even in liberal California we have lots of open space, forests and trees. I live in a very blue county about 60 miles outside of Los Angeles and It’s beautiful here, aside from the hippies and taxes.

Well, I wouldn’t try to blacken the whole tail at once. lol

I wouldn’t try to fry it all at once, either :wink:

1 Like

As an aside, there are a lot of conservatives in California who unfortunately get painted with a broad brush.

Your right at the southwestern tip of North Carolina. I have been through that area a few times. My property is up in Surry County, a few miles northwest of Mount Airy. Pretty much all of western North Carolina is a beautiful place to live.

Yup. I work with a lot of Trump supporters too. Even in the evil showbiz world.

In this region of North Carolina, there are a couple of counties that have never voted Democratic, going all the way back to the Civil War. These were non-slave holding areas that opposed secession and sent troops to fight for the North. And even during the many years of the solid Democratic south and all the way up to today, they remain culturally Republican.

Obviously, that is no longer true in the Asheville region and some other areas, but tends to remain true in the rural areas.

At the bottom of the mountain on your way to the main road there is a PVC pipe sticking out of the rocks. The best water I’ve ever tasted and ice cold.

I’d love to be there now for the change of season and the cooler weather.

Glad to see you living the dream, Safiel. :+1:

We’re the cool kids, even when being cool is frowned upon :wink: