I LOVE the country life!

This big, beautiful eagle is currently dining on a dead armadillo in our front yard…wish I could have gotten a better /closer pic, but didnt want to disturb him. We have several eagles around here, but I love seeing them up close like this.
Anyway, had to share. Hope yall have a great day. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Oh wow! What a beautiful sight. Eagles are regal creatures, indeed.

I presume you live in the north, near Canada? They have some amazing scenery there, from evergreens to mountains to endemic wildlife. I live in Oklahoma, and it’s a diverse state, but we mostly have plains and deciduous forests here in the northeast region. The panhandle has all the mountains.

1 Like

They’re dime a dozen out here in Northwest.

2 Likes

We are also in Oklahoma…our pecan orchard runs along the Deep Fork River.

2 Likes

Are u near Tulsa?

1 Like

Country life is pretty damn awesome.

3 Likes

I live in Tulsa. South Tulsa. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are between Slick n Beggs…literally at the end of a dirt road, on 880 acres :cowboy_hat_face:.

3 Likes

we even have our own private lake. 11 acres of bassy water.

2 Likes

this beauty is 4 yrs old, 6#9 oz. We built the lake n stocked it with hatchlings. (We keep real good records of stocking n what’s caught n kept).
We do all our “vacations” right here at home. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The irony of this that the country life means open space, a lot of forests and trees, love of the natural world, a lot less pollution, cars, etc., which is more appreciated by conservatives. Whereas the liberal parts of the country are the complete opposite.

3 Likes

We’re better stewards of our land and environment than people who think their blue bin is making a difference.

1 Like

Yes, we are much better stewards of the land out here…n ol AOC n her “Green New Deal” wouldnt be well recieved in this neck of the woods. We dont have cattle, we have horses n pecan trees, but every ranch nearby is cattle. Some of the ranchers use 4 wheelers to check cows, but alot of em still use horses.
At night, the sky is so crisp n clear…u can see stars forever.

2 Likes

Seems to me it would be rude to have that much land and not have horses. lol

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s my team sorter…she is DNA’d…King bred. Old fashioned quarter horse…

this is my Jet Deck/ Three Bars mare…shes 27 this year. (Notice the “mare” face…lol…). Actually, shes pretty sweet. She was pissy that particular moment in time,thoe.

1 Like

my pinto half-arab… lost her 5 yrs ago to laminitis. She inherited the foot problems…Baske bred arabs are known for bad feet. In her career, she had a national title n a reserve national. She was a pleasure driving mare, also dabbled in Western Pleasure. I miss her so much…such a sweet natured girl.:cry:

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a slice of heaven. It’s good to hear from people who are grateful and appreciate the beauty of the land, the animals and the nature around them. :+1:

2 Likes