I love Dershowitzes new defense...lol

It literally creates a situation where “The Most Dangerous December” is both possible and legal

2 Likes

Still out of balance.

Wobbly rhetoric.

:eyeglasses:

Super special with a certificate in presumptive thought.

:eyeglasses:

Republicans are going to regret this.

Dirt from China? On the table.
Sham public investigations of opponents? On the table.
Canceling elections “for the good of the country”? On the table.
Locking up Political Opponents? Trump has been screaming about doing so since day friggen one.

The Dershowitz Doctrine is now part of Public record. The United States of Trumplandia is now a real danger.

And those slack jawed spineless worms in the Senate will allow it.

We will remember and we won’t forgive.

3 Likes

No idea what you’re talking about. It would help if you quoted me instead of just replying. Or maybe not.

Seriously.

You shouldn’t be telling people what to do. :wink:

If anyone believes that Trump won’t try to use the power of his office to cheat in an election again, they aren’t really thinking.

The matter is much simpler. The Senate is looking at a calculus. 70% of the American public want Bolton to testify. Trump does not. Who are they more afraid of? Answer is obvious and the damage is enormous.

We didn’t need the courts for every other Senate impeachment trial to hear witnesses.

Just trying to be helpful.

Several people have already pointed out that both sides will abuse this power, and both sides think holding power is in the best interests of the country.

Imagine if this argument was made by the legal counsel of Barack Obam…

Oh… never mind.

5 Likes

They know he will. They want an authoritarian dictatorship. They always have.

3 Likes

I thought Bill Maher was crazy at the time but Im now starting to believe he was on to something when he said he didn’t think Trump would willingly leave office if voted out. Dershowitz literally just laid out the precedent for it in his official defense

…as long as that dictator isnt a liberal

Yes!!! And I don’t want “my” side doing it anymore than I want the other side doing it. It goes against everything this country was based upon

Isn’t incredible how in only 4 years, Republicans have abandoned almost EVERY principle they’ve espoused over the last 3 decades all in the name of Donald Trump?

3 Likes

Almost?

1 Like

I don’t know what you Libs are going on about.

The President’s legal counsel argued in front of the Senate at an impeachment trial that the President cannot be held accountable for abuse of power For re-election if that abuse of power was in the President’s mind good for the country.

What is the big deal about that?

I mean it isn’t like he said it on Lou Dobbs show or nothing.

That would have meant something.

3 Likes

Based on this line of defense, Nixon did nothing wrong. The history books will need to be rewritten. Nixon’s legacy and presidency will no longer be a black eye in American politics.

1 Like

Remember when Obama wiretapped Trump tower. No problem now.

1 Like