I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

Doesn’t count?

No.

It’s not the best comparison, though.

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/iceland/

There’s more of a young population, those more likely, especially with the men, to experience myocarditis caused by the vaccination.

Here’s the U S by comparison:

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/iceland/

Here we are by age:

Now I understand perfectly someone who cannot receive vaccinations, or who objects to certain ones being that those viruses aren’t that contagious, like HPV and HBV.

However COVID-19 is highly contagious and it isn’t yet known what complications may be related to exposure. I’m hoping my friend—around 30 years old who got a breakthrough infection—remains healthy.

Those who reject the vaccination for whatever reason it is their choice. But it should also be the choice of private employers and venues to either require a mask, periodic testing, or to ask those individuals to work or take their business elsewhere.

1 Like

Here is a few paragraphs sharing all this anecdotal information about how the vaccine has caused serious reactions in a handful of people (like every other vaccine).

bUt iM nOt AnTi vAx!

1 Like

Kind of funny when you think about it.

WW

4 Likes

Lordy.

We are a nation of Karens.

Edit - sorry - didn’t realize I already posted that in this thread.

Brilliant.

For years you© call them deplorables, bigots, racists, ignorant, homophobes, uneducated, etc.

You© look down your© nose at them for decades, still do it, and wonder why?

2 Likes

Why are you replying to me, but using the ‘general you’ symbol? Are you claiming I said those things? If not, why cite them in a reply to my post?

I’ve never called cops in general any of those things. I may have called some who abuse their power nasty things, but so have you - so has just about everyone here from both sides.

And what does that have to do with their refusal to get vaccinated?

And more specifically, what does that have to do with my post, which an ex police chief excoriates cops who won’t get vaccinated? Do you think Willaims called cops deplorable?

1 Like

They should go to the funeral of someone who has died of covid and tell the family that covid is not a big deal.

1 Like

I’m not talking about cops. You posted cops as a reply to me.

But yes, them too.

Then who are you accusing me of calling deplorable?

1 Like

You© Your ilk.

You do it by implication all the time. That easy derision.

1 Like

So, are you accusing me, or other people?

Who are you claiming me, or other people, are deriding?

1 Like

Yes.

Who are you claiming me and other people deride?

Who indeed.

2 Likes

And let us not forget that the rule of law, as well as science, is meaningless and irrelevant to those wanting to force a medical treatment upon those who decide differently, and do so for good cause.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

From a trauma surgeon I follow on Quora:

Question: What made you angry today?

Her answer:

"Last night I took care of a drunk driver in a Hummer who mowed down children, pregnant women, the sick and the elderly on city streets. Many of these people died. Others were maimed for life. He himself is only mildly injured and will recover fully.

When I asked him why he did it, he said:

“I knew that I wasn’t going to get hurt!”

“I didn’t mean to hurt anyone!”

“There hasn’t been enough research to prove that driving sober is safe!”

“You can be sober and still get into car accidents!”

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!”

“I can’t be held responsible for all the people that can’t get out of my way!”

“It’s my right as an American to drink and drive!”

My own father is in the ICU because of this heartless, ignorant man. Yet he and his friends are still out on the streets today, running over people without a care in the world. And encouraging others to do the same!

He’s unbelievable. He’s an antivaxxer."

That is unbelievably offensive .

1 Like

You’re right. That behavior is offensive.

1 Like