I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

Well since academia and science has been hijacked by dishonest, twisted, and Marxist leftists nothing passes muster these days, it’s all perverted, propagandized & politicized!

1 Like

Who gives permission for that?

Yeah masks were required, but hey, we’re in a pandemic; it’s a private venue; and they have the right to impose whatever restrictions they want to enter.

They made their money, and I got to see an amazing show.

Fauci

1 Like

I’m going to show my vaccination card to no one myself. Not for traveling, concerts, or anything.

Just not going to let the authoritarians control me in such a way.

Concerts are easy for me to give up. Haven’t been to one since i saw Herman’s Hermits and Paul Revere and the Raiders in concert. :wink:

1 Like

That is, of course, a bit of nonsense. But you do you.

1 Like

Me either. We wanted to visit family in California. They happen to live in L.A. That’s not going to happen. I’m not stepping foot in NYC or LA until this blows over. Maybe it never will?

Barring a costume party, I won’t go anywhere for entertainment that requires a mask. But only because I dislike wearing them. That’s not entertaining to me. But like anything else, it’s up to each individual to decide that.

2 Likes

I’m amazed by some of the responses from more conservative posters on vaccination cards.

Don’t they usually support private business owners running their enterprises as they see fit?

Have they tried boarding an airline flight without showing an id to board?

Or is running your enterprise as you see fit only applicable to Christian business owners who don’t want to participate in same sex couple events?

Did they maybe never have to show proof of MMR vax or antibodies to register for college?

Be immunized in the Armed Forces?

Why is showing proof of vaccination being treated as something brand new that’s never been done before?

2 Likes

I was in NYC yesterday for the first time since 2/2020. Felt pretty safe. Vaccination cards to go in anywhere, everyone wore masks. Granted it was a nice day so easy to be outside, and we drive where we normally would train to avoid a crowded NJ transit.

NYC numbers are pretty good right now too.

Things are getting better, day by day…

It’s beyond absurd, isn’t it?

I don’t understand the hatred for the Covid vaccine.

2 Likes

Vinnie here sums it up perfectly:

I was there last year when they didn’t require vaccines. Or was it this past summer? I forget. But there was no vax mandate. But we just stayed outside. I still think you don’t have to wear a mask or be vaccinated if you’re outside.

1 Like

I think that’s right. But most people had masks on in any sort of close quarters. At least where we were.

Can’t speak for others, but I’m fully on board with allowing a business to conduct its business as it sees fit.

Then it’s up to me whether or not I want to comply with the requirements set forth by the business. If I want to patronize the business, I’ll show my card. If I don’t want to show my card, I’ll conduct business elsewhere.

I’ve been vocal in other threads about DeSantis trying to tell businesses they can NOT set such requirements. DeSantis shouldn’t be meddling with businesses like that. He has rightful purview over government entities in his state, but he’s out of line doing it to businesses.

On the other side of the requirement engagement, I’m fully on board with a conservative (or anyone else) saying, “Hell no. I won’t show my card!” That’s a personal choice, no less than it’s the choice of the business entity to require it. The person who says that would be obligated to take his business elsewhere – by his choice. But he gets out of line when he demands that the business change its policy.

And yes, you are correct to raise this example. Same principles apply. Someone who wants the baker to have leeway but not the business requiring a mask or proof of vax, is taking duplicitous positions.

2 Likes

I’m in NYC right now. I come into work 5 days a week. On the street some people choose to wear masks but it’s not required.

Businesses ask for proof of vaccination but that’s really not a big deal.

1 Like

Most people had masks on outside where we were. I’d say 80%.

It is a big deal for me. Had it been up to the business itself to require proof of vaccination I would have a completely different opinion. I’ll stay outside.

I suspect most of the businesses in NYC are happy to “card” people. The fact that the City requires it gives them cover to do what they would want to do anyway.

And I, for one, have an added degree of comfort knowing the folks around me are vaccinated.

Seems like a wise set to me in the biggest most crowed city in teh country to ensure the safety and continuation of business.

All for it. Wish more cities and towns did it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Confession time:

I was hesitant about getting the vaccine, more so about the second dose than the initial one because I knew the immune response would be more robust. My mom came down on me like a ton of breaks (because I was living with my parents at the time) and said, “would you rather get COVID, be in the hospital, and die?” And so I swallowed my pride and completed my vaccination.

The second one went much better than the first. No pain. Not one little bit.

2 Likes