I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

“And being on dialysis is horrible”

Based on a high school friend’s history and eventual death from kidney failure, I think I’d just talk to my doctor about end of life care in the event my kidneys failed.

“the fact that this patient would rather stay on dialysis instead of getting a simple vaccination is staggering to me.”

Me too. Say, isn’t there a condition called dialysis dementia that affects some patients?

Could this be taking place here? Dissimilar animal, but some days when my late feline was in kidney failure, it seemed mentally she was somewhere else, for example, wandering in places I have nothing for a cat.

“I do not get her logic in the least.” Reference question on dialysis dementia, at least she may have an excuse.

By the logic of some posters on this thread, they’d be screaming bloody murder cruel & unusual punishment infringement on their freeberty to choose how to live their lives if asked to lose a significant amount of weight before a joint replacement.

2 Likes

“Owning the libz” the deadliest side hustle in America.

Nicely stated, thank you.

2 Likes

[quote=“toreyj01, post:1220, topic:240034”]

[quote=“Conservative_frk, post:1216, topic:240034, full:true”]

I will hit on a few of your points.
I had Covid almost a year and a half ago. I still have antibodies. A group of us at work were tested for the purpose of medical exemption. Our group ranges from housekeepers to physicians. People would have you believe that all doctors think the vaccine is necessary and that just is not true.
Obviously most people do have a mild case , so everything you spoke of the myeloid and lymphatic response do vary from patient to patient. But that is for vaccinated people as well.
Right now in our hospital group 80 % of inpatient Covid patients are unvaccinated. But, that means that 20 % are vaccinated.
So I do not feel that I am risking anything by not getting vaccinated. And thankfully, I am the one who decides what is good for me.
I am not trying to convince anyone not to get vax. I just continue to try to point out that I am not an uneducated idiots that cannot make decisions for myself.
It scares me that dissenting opinions really are being scrubbed. It scares me that people in this country are so willing to give up their autonomy out of fear.

1 Like

Five times more police officers died from COVID than gunfire since the pandemic began. 476 vs 94. No big deal, right? Numbers must be faked.

Last month COVID was the leading cause of death for 35-54 year olds and the second leading cause of death overall. No big deal, right? The numbers must be faked. I guess that’s better than being the overall leading cause of death in January.

People need to stop overreacting. Everyone dies sometime. Why not COVID?

This has been going on for almost two years now.

I know some are aware if this. It still angers me when people try to say SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 is “just the flu.” A lot of people have died and will have long term health issues from “just the flu.”

1 Like

I haven’t heard that lately. It seems the hundreds of thousands of deaths have quieted that crowd.

You’d think people would be a little more upset about how the virus came about to begin with too.

2 Likes

The crowd I was referring to is the people saying Covid was like the flu.

The crowd I posted a picture of seems to be treating it that way.

That’s a big leap to assume they think Covid is the same as the flu. I’ve been to concerts, I don’t.

You don’t?

Flu kills maybe 60k/yr. Covid…a bit more, right?

Are you allowed to go to concerts?

Yup.

It was pretty simple to show my vaccination card & ID to get in the door. Had a wonderful time!

Did you wear a mask?

Who gave you permission to go to a concert?

1 Like

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/gatherings.html

Key Points

Avoid large events and gatherings, when possible.

Not following the science?

1 Like

[quote=“Conservative_frk, post:1227, topic:240034, full:true”]

[quote=“toreyj01, post:1220, topic:240034”]

I appreciate how measured and considerate your reply was, thank you.

I obviously do not agree with your decision, but it is your decision. Bear in mind all decisions have benefits and consequences, and if the inconvenience not vaccinating brings leads you to get the jab, consider the mRNA ones because one shot alone will boost your antibodies by a thousand fold and stay effective against all genotypes to date, including Delta.

I would recommend the Moderna one, honestly, it is really quite a bit stronger than the Pfizer one.

And I would be remiss if I did not say that you are, indeed, risking something by not vaccinating. You are facing a two fold increase in reinfection over vaccinated people and an incredibly higher rate vs. being hybrid immune.

I am glad you recovered from COVID, 3/4 of a million people were not so fortunate.

Lastly, Myeloid responses have little to do with vaccine induced immunity, it is a purely lymphatic pathway.

Respectfully,

2 Likes