I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

I think you are wrong. If boosters are required, the private sector interested in healthy clients will keep up.

LOL ok. But as of right now nothing is required of me. Not even proof of vaccine. So what we’re talking about is arenas and or restaurants that require vaccines. IMO they are stopping at proof of vaccine.

Security should have dragged his sorry behind to the front door and then sent him sprawling into the parking lot.

Take a page from the old wild west days. Throw the disorderly into the dusty street head first.

2 Likes

No that’s what happens when the rotten son of a “gun” residing at 1600 Pennsylvania ave keeps sending thousands of infected illegals into your state.

I don’t think boosters will be required, honestly.

Lot’s of conflicting information.

Anecdotally, we have three clients who have suffered break throughs - one had covid before their vax as well, one family of four and three breakthroughs in it.

It’s nerve wracking.

1 Like

Probably around January 6th.

1 Like

Are their many migrants in Wyoming?

The shortage of school bus drivers predates COVID.

1 Like

I think it is going to be an option, and I think a lot of people will want it.

You are right. It’s a ■■■■ job. Low pay, split shift, unruly disease ridden passengers … who in their right mind would do that if they have any other alternative.

Just looked it up.

Our full-time Bus Drivers make on average make $20.15 an hour. 6.0 hour days. With an additional supplement for each run with SPED students. As you mention the hours are normally split shift with hours in the morning and then again at the end of the school day. The age demographics lean toward older folks (50+) many of which are looking for medical/dental/vision and to provide supplement income.

We have quite a few part bus drivers and the pay is on average about the same but with no benefits. Those folks tends to take either a morning or afternoon shift instead of going full time.

As previously mentioned, the Bus Driver shortage is not a new thing. We are always hiring Bus Drivers and even provide classes and training to get the CDL.

WW

I knew two school bus drivers and this is pretty accurate. They were in their 40s making about 15 an hour. But that was 10-15 years ago. And it was to supplement their income. I can’t see wanting that as your only full time job. Up the pay and they’ll probably get more takers.

Problem is that most people see $20.00 an hour and go “hey that’s not bad”. It should be thought about in terms of a annual basis to see what it means.

$20.00 * (6 Hours Per Day) * 180 (Days Per Year) = $21,600 Per Year

For a regular full time job we would have…

$20.00 * (8 Hours Per Day) * 260 (Days Per Year**) = $41,600 Per Year

Bus Driving is not attractive to large segments of the population not because the hourly rate is low, it’s because of the annualized income.

WW

**Days Per Year - Standard work year for full-time in the HR world is 2080 hours per year. This includes sick, personal, and vacation days. Take 2080/8 to get the number or work days @260.

1 Like

Does anybody believe “that guy” is married to a doctor?

I’m proud of him anyway.

Your speaking to the choir. I know. Then add in split shifts. A 20 dollar an hour job isn’t bad in general.

Especially here in NJ where we pay big property taxes for schools. The least they can do is make the bus driver job somewhat attractive. It will in no way make property taxes skyrocket. Up a little? I don’t care. It’s high already. But if more people have good paying jobs, no biggy to me.

Hey, we get to play dueling videos!

https://twitter.com/Vegz05/status/1435325576978395139?s=19

How much less?

This was fake news

No.

Setting example for other libs to follow. :wink: