I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

What’s your point? Those two statements are not in conflict.

Just because the NG members have been given until June of 2022 to be vaccinated does not mean that many if not most of them are vaccinated now. There is no reason to believe that the National Guard members who will fill in as school bus drivers will not be vaccinated when they get behind the wheel.

yes they are! Why can’t the low wage workers change the terms of their employment and demand higher wages?

Every time we discuss raising the minimum wage, cons here say if people don’t like their wages, they should find another job.

So if people don’t like hte vaccine requirement at their work, shouldn’t they just go find anpther job?

Of course they can. It doesn’t mean the employer has to go along with them.

Haven’t you ever heard of individual freedom?

1 Like

[quote=“tnt, post:525, topic:240034”]
So if people don’t like hte vaccine requirement at their work, shouldn’t they just go find anpther job?
[/quote

Apparently, they are doing just that.

Quick … edit that. It needs a ] after the [/quote

If he quotes you, we will be stuck with that for someone else to fix.

I hate when that happens.

But all good…

No need to continue down this line.

I was never against an employer requiring anything as long as they can legally do it. But what difference will this all make if by next year any and all immunity the vaccine did offer is gone? Are we going to continue with the vaccine whining every year?

1 Like

Boosters might well be in our future.

Whats your alternative?

Idaho is 40% fully vaccinated.

Mine? Stay away from crowds. I have that option, but I realize everyone does not.

But that wasn’t my point. All these places requiring vaccines, are they going to require boosters and or a yearly shot?

So this took them by surprise? With a population 40% vaccinated and they’re not prepared. Ok.

Just a side note. Even I found this surprising. Where I work, just at my building we have 12 employees. I am 1 of 2 people vaccinated out of 12. I knew our numbers were low, I just didn’t think that low. But that’s just my building.

This is what libs have become.

To a point of harassing people. What point will they start using violence?

1 Like

Most likely.

Why wouldn’t they?

Look, Fla, WY, TX…that’s what it looks like if you don’t take measures right now to slow covid. If You are good with that, if that’s the US you want to live in, then keep up your ‘I only do things for me, and I cheat with my mask, and who the hell is gonna do that stuff…’ routine. But know you are advocating for rationed health care, and countless available deaths.

If you would rather live in a US where we can actually have our old lives back, then advocate for vaccines, and thoughtful mitigation as appropriate.

1 Like

Hopefully, the alternative is the development of a vaccine that actually produces immunity against the virus and the worst variants. The mRNA vaccine and boosters (if required) should be able to span the gap in time needed to accomplish that.

We would be better served talking about why having near capacity icu beds at all times is a bad idea. Maybe subsidize a surplus of them even. Because currently, having an empty one is a bad business decision.

Totally agree. IIRC ICUs usually operate with about 25% open capacity.

But our entire health care system is based on private sector profit. We couldn’t even get a public insurance plan through…the right has no interest in using tax dollars to make a more efficient, more affordable health care system in america.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they? They’re not going to. You think all of these places requiring vaccines like arenas and stuff like that are going to require proof of booster? Not going to happen.

As far as my old life back, it has never left. I’m 54, I’m not in my 20s anymore. Besides wearing masks when mandated, nothing at all has changed for me. I don’t go to games, concerts, or clubs anymore. The most I do is go to outdoor bars. As of right now there are no restrictions. I’m good. I don’t care who gets vaccinated.

Why wouldn’t they require up to date boosters?

And hey, as long as you are good…that’s all that really matters, isn’t it?

Yes. It’s how it works. All of these venues that require vaccines will leave it at that. Hospitals, and places like that will require updates, but not the public sector, they won’t keep up. And as far as I’m concerned, yeah, that is really all that matters. I’m vaccinated. I don’t care who else chooses to do so. Doesn’t affect my lifestyle one bit.