I know I am Conservative but Anti-vaxxers are starting to piss me off

I’ve always thought the whole health care superheroes campaign was bs. What exactly did they do that was superheroic?

Those who gave their own lives in the 9/11 attacks to prevent more loss of life were the superheroes. Society has really sunk to a new low when showing up for jobs one voluntarily accepted, whether taking out the trash or helping deliver babies, is superheroic.

Were these superheroes objecting to this requirement to enter university?

How about the Heptovax B series, which is a requirement of at least some nursing programs and generally offered to health care employees?

In the fields of obstetrics and pediatrics, they don’t seem to mind forcing their wishes on patients who have clearly rejected them. Don’t want prenatal genetics testing or HPV vaccination for your 12 year old?

Tough beans, they’ll keep pushing it anyway, but their employer expects two vaccines from them to keep working, and they want the choices they deny to others?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like

Wow, just wow.

2 Likes

Nothing personal - I’m just trying to understand how it would work. What the proof is.

I’m willing to bet not one of those health care workers protested the testing above as a new hire. Here are the two options for that test, the older skin test and the newer blood:

Haven’t heard a peep about either of these. Some states are offering the option of regular testing for those who opt out of COVID-19 vaccinations:

Perhaps NY should bend a little and offer the weekly testing option, but other than that, I really won’t support workers who opt out of vaccinations or available options, as I said, they probably said nothing about mandatory MMR vax/testing or TB testing.

At least those against vaccinations are pretty consistent, not picking and choosing one but not another. This new found conscience & wanting to opt out over COVID-19 is a hypocritical system game, IMO.

My daughter is a fourth year med student, the hell she wasn’t heroic for seeing patients during this pandemic. She risked her life, no pay involved.

A lot of us showed up for work & didn’t accept furloughs during this pandemic.

It’s possible we could have gotten infected from unknowingly infected coworkers.

My husband and I worked. We aren’t heroes.

Doctors, nurses, trash haulers, police officers showing up for jobs they signed on for aren’t heroes. They’re ordinary human beings.

These men and women were heroes, may they Rest In Peace. They’re the ones who went above and beyond:

https://airandspace.si.edu/support/wall-of-honor/capt-al-haynes

Appears Captain Sullenberger is still alive God Bless him.

All of them are or were extraordinary human beings.

She wouldn’t have risked her life drawing blood from an AIDS patient?

Or getting coughed on by a TB patient?

There are more contagious & blood born infections potentially fatal to medical personnel.

Some of us have continued to work after undergoing exposure protocol upon exposure.

That isn’t extraordinary.

1 Like

And I told you what the proof is, yet you kept at it. Are you satisfied now, or are you going to keep asking the same question?

I kept at it because i sought clarity on your position for false negatives.

My statement was clear and concise. You obviously didn’t want to accept it.

I do now that you gave it to me. You originally had not offered a solution for false negatives until I inquired.

So now you want to argue about this? :smirk:

I’m not the one who called them heroes. It’s the same people who are now vilifying them for not bowing to their demands.

Sounds to me you are bitter about something personal in this arena and now it’s payback time.

1 Like

I stopped responding as soon as I clearly understood your position. No big deal on my end.

Anywhoo…I wonder how long natural immunity really does last. I have a client who had covid early in the pandemic, got vaxed super early - like jan. Then got covid again in august…

Wonder what the hell that means for the rest of us…

Stopped responding? So what was that?

YOU"RE RESPONDING AGAIN!

Let it go man…I understand your position and your clarification on false negatives, and that’s all well and good. In fact, in …MI?..a hospital is adapting your stance - treating natural infection s the vaccine…we’ll see how it plays out.

I’m curious to know how long it will last. We know the vaccines against delta start to wane after 6 mos…wonder about natural.

It means that we all have unique responses to diseases and vaccines. As a young child, I was vaccinated for measles. A week or so later, I got the measles. Several years later, I got them again. No vaccine is 100% effective … and neither is natural immunity.

It means that this delta variant doesn’t follow the same pathways that the other forms of COVID did or do. It means that it has gotten tricky and is circumventing to some respect our immune systems. It means that some people will have covid, get vaccinated and get Delta and get sick…but their illness is more mild, and they won’t die from it as readily.

2 Likes

My experience in the field of obstetrics & pediatrics is they do not respect others’ choices. If you dare want something other than what they recommend, whether it’s a live baby or to opt out of testing that serves no therapeutic purpose or a vaccination against something that isn’t very contagious, they don’t want to respect those choices.

The nurses/midwives whoever quit at that hospital in New York are responsible for women & their babies. Since personnel in those fields tend not to respect their patients’ choices, why should I respect theirs?

Let ‘em man a nursing hotline as employees of a hospital or insurance company from the privacy of their homes, where nobody cares about whether or not they get vaccinated. These services are actually helpful in reducing inpatient visits.

1 Like

Anyone against or having mixed feelings about the COVID-19 vaccine should access Howard Stern’s show.

He has given his middle finger to those opposed to this vaccination much as the O P and some others on this thread.

Paraphrasing him when I was in school, vaccination was mandatory. Nobody said anything about it.

I can’t think of anyone who refuses this vaccination probably isn’t saying Gee! I’m glad I decided to get that COVID. Not breathing is great!

He’s quite sensible.

2 Likes