I Have A Question About "Vigilante"

If the state has failed, what law?

So can agents of the state, like Floyd. What makes the latter “better”?

You have more unaccountable enforcement now.

1 Like

You have a point there and private citizens don’t get sovereign immunity either so they have much more incentive not to mess it up.

2 Likes

For those who want them defunded. For criminals. For riotous mobs. For arsonists.

1 Like

Great post.

But what if it is already anarchy and chaos?

In 92, the LAPD abandoned the Koreans. It was lawlessness.

Who is going to uphold the law? The very state we gave authority to maintain said law and order got in their cruisers and hauled ass in the opposite direction.

1 Like

where, exactly?

Law or Order, not and

Everywhere. Blue privilege, qualified immunity, policy over law. More laws than can be counted. A “nation of laws”.

i dont see this. most cops try to do the right thing. then comes such leftist lunacy as “defund”

we shouldn’t be tending toward an anarchy because of a few ■■■■■■■ cops

1 Like

No. They do “the policy thing”. They violate rights. Routinely.

The actually meaning of anarchy is “the absence of central control”. Not “out of control”. Left to their own devices, people get real cooperative real quick.

the police are browbeat and battered by idiotic lawsuits, regulations and anti-authoritarian thuggery. so they are leas willing to put their ass on the line. then you get chicago.

this isnt the fault of cops.

what the hell is “blue privilege?”

i dont see this. all i see is pressure on them to do less of what they need to do so that “LaShawn” doesnt sue them for getting manhandled after getting caught stealing from the 7-11

Oh horse ■■■■ . It’s not all their fault, but they certainly take advantage of it.

Put their “ass on the line” for what? You? You think they care about you? They do what they do for power. It’s addictive.

The Stanford/Milgram experiments are pretty much banned for a reason.

1 Like

Then you aren’t looking. They aren’t doing less, they’re waiting.

those experiments were from the 50’s and the results are extremely debatable about how they affect authority. if i recall they addressed atrocities from ww2 more than mere cops on the beat.

i guess we’ll just disagree

Problem is, most of those social science experiments can’t be duplicated and that one, in particular, has been debunked.

1 Like

You’re wrong. They were from the 60s and 70s and about the psychology of power. The Stanford experiments were about law enforcement.