Hundreds of Newspapers collude to attack Trump

You really are hilarious. You say you’ve been a journalist for decades which means you couldn’t possibly be partisan. Well I may as well say Rush has been a talk radio host for decades, therefore he isn’t biased either. I mean really… is that the best you can do? :joy::joy::joy:

And does it really take a journalist to recognize shoddy journalism? You REFUSE to admit there might be even a smidgen of it anywhere, except for FOX NEWS.

Does it take a doctor to recognize an incompetent one? If I go for surgery to have my gall bladder removed, and the surgeon removes a kidney instead, can I say he/she doesn’ know what they are doing, or can only a doctor make that judgement?

You see where your logic fails? And even if it is correct, the fact is many people do NOT trust the media any more. I have cited several polls for you showing more than 50% of Americans feel that way, and only about 30% do trust the media. You can’t blame that on Fox news. Obviously it’s WAY more than Trump supporters who believe that, and I’m definitely not a Trump fan.

As for Acosta, there actually are some real journalists who have called him out for his grand standing and narcissism, such as David Schuter, who as far as I know has never worked for Fox news. Some of them are smart enough to realize Acosta does a lot more harm than good, making the news about himself all the time. The left wing version of Donald Trump is Jim Acosta.

You know what I keep mentioning Jake Tapper? First because he actually reports stories that people care about. I linked to one of his videos on the thread about the sex abuse scandals at the Catholic church in that thread. Secondly, he does tough interviews, whether the person is an R or a D. Unlike the fluff some others do for Ds. So the guy is fair, and calls out people in both parties when they deserve it. Plus the quality of his reporting is really really good.

I’m quite sure Tapper is much more liberal than I am, but don’t care. Only care that he actually reports news items and that he does so in a fair manner.

The liberals who listen to the echo chambers on CNN (with the exception of Tapper and to some extent Anderson Cooper) and the extremely left wing MSNBC are no different than the Trumpers who listen to Fox news all the time. Only difference is what channel they watch.

Note I’m only talking about those who only read and/or listen to media sources that entirely support their point of view, not those who may primarily watch one or the other but follow other sources as well.

1 Like

Oh, and one last thing about the ICE story with so many misleading headlines. How was it that NBC managed to get it right from the beginning? Maybe because they actually vetted the story before running with it.

And besides, some actually did mention the man was wanted on a murder charge, but deliberately left it out of the headline until they were called out on it. Then some amended the headline without any explanation.

Then the media wonders why so many people don’t trust them. They are about as honest as used car sales people.

1 Like

Where do you get that from? I wasn’t even a member back then. Try again.

I rate the media as behind lawyers and used car salesmen.

1 Like

People who work in or used to work in the left stream media refuse to admit their obvious bias. Period.

Doesn’t matter whether you were a member. I was right. :sunglasses:

People who make dumb statements like that know nothing about the media.

No you were quite wrong. I had to hold my nose to vote for Romney(against obama actually) and only hoped Obama(Barack Alinsky Obama) would lose.

Want to admit you would wrong now?

We recognize the obvious dishonesty, and deception we read and hear from them (media)rather than the propagandists who will not admit the obvious and want us to believe them (propagandists) instead.

Again, Joanne, you’re taking the full blown Fox News stand. Fox started this distrust of the media and Trump picked up on it. And you’re ok with it. You know nothing about the workings of a newspaper. I’ve seen comments here that say reporters and editors collude on bias. That’s an absurd idea, but you guys believe it. Having sat in daily news meetings, it doesn’t happen. And when editors get together with individual reporters on stories, it’s not to frame bias. It’s to get the story right.

About Acosta, I’ve seen the criticisms of him. And? I put a link at the bottom that Acosta should be praised, not criticized. I happen to agree. Someone has to stick up for the press. But not all journalists agree. Journalists don’t march in lockstep like R’s do. I’ve been lately watching some of Edward R. Murrow’s vintage shows, including his reporting on Joe McCarthy. There’s a definite parallel between McCarthy and Trump, very sad to say.

You seem to think that every story should be written the same. That’s not the way it works. As I said, stories are revised and updated as new facts come into play. Sometimes, important things that should be higher in a story aren’t. That’s what editors do. (I’ve done that, too.) I doubt anyone intentionally buried the fact the guy had a homicide on his record. If a reporter knew that fact, it would have made the story. It’s important. Something important like that doesn’t get hidden. If social media is telling you otherwise, they’re wrong.

You might want to read the article below about how journalists can counter press hatred. Maybe it’ll help you and others like you understand. That Poynter.org site has a lot of good analysis posts on journalism. Despite what you think, journalists don’t stop learning about their craft. They are open minded. Unlike some of their critics.

I’m also adding a link at the very bottom with a site that keeps track of the recent incidents against journalists. This should worry you and every other patriotic American.

Must be a REALLY big room y’all use each morning to get your talking points on the same page each day.

Just two people with opposing views having an energetic discussion. Something that’s supposed to happen more often here but often doesn’t.

1 Like

We all know that people who write new stories have a point of view.

You just look at it and read different sources until you have the whole story.

This post couldn’t have possibly been written with a straight face could it? :rofl:

It wouldn’t be that hard. Just check the DNC talking points right? The left wing media is obviously an arm of the party.

I think your argument fails. Rush is supposed to have n opinion. Thats what he does. Tells people what he thinks. Journalists report the news as it is.

1 Like

They don’t.

Google “Argentina abortion.” over 11 million hits. Is that enough?

You think they don’t because it doesn’t fit your world. Tough ■■■■■

It appears ICE is lying about the Murder charge. The Mexican Consulate knows nothing about it, and it wasn’t in the initial reasons ICe have for arrests

An attorney representing Arrona-Lara on behalf of the nonprofit San Bernardino Community Service Center said those charges are unconfirmed. Emilio Amaya Garcia told CBS2 he has been in contact with the Mexican consulate who said it currently has no information about ICE’s claim.

Garcia added Arrona-Lara’s detention paperwork shows he is in custody for being in the country without documentation.

In the following statement from Friday, ICE makes no mention of homicide charges, only that Arrona-Lara was taken into custody the agency’s “Fugitive Operations Team”:

1 Like