Hundreds of Newspapers collude to attack Trump

I don’t know what your problem was, but I kept mine.

You foresaw a Romney victory. :sunglasses:

So your saying they are colluding with the Muller investigation as well as each other. I mean that’s the ONLY way they would know and can’t talk about it yet.

There is PLENTY of evidence a LOT of people distrust the media. Yet no matter what I cite you will argue with it.

Anyway, here is one from Gallup done this year.

No, it’s not the only way. First thing – forget the pundits. They’re not colluding. And with all the news reports of the Mueller investigation, it should be pretty obvious the story isn’t over. Why hasn’t Mueller issued a final report? Not to mention Trump keeps making headlines almost daily with one stupid move after another that keeps adding to the drama.

I don’t care what the polls say because they’re meaningless. Anyone who isn’t paying attention to what the MSM is saying and calling it fake news is foolish. Most of the media has reported it right. The ones calling it fake news deserve to be ignored.

So a majority of Americans are wrong, and you are right. You refuse to acknowledge there may be a problem with media bias and some fake news. The only media you will call biased and full of fake news is Fox. And yeah, they definitely are biased, but so is CNN, MSNBC and a lot of other media sources.

No point discussing this any further, but I will add this. The media supposedly is not the enemy of the people, but CNN tired to get a judge to give them the names and addresses of jurors. That is disgusting and appalling. Doubt you will agree because CNN was the one doing it though.

1 Like

I know, right? How can we even be talking about something so trivial when Hillary is walking the streets?

There’s absolutely no bias against conservatives folks. It’s all in our heads.

Not too long after this tweet was posted Facebook said the videos are up and they had simply made a “mistake”. Sure. It’s one reason why I will never use Facebook. That, and the fact they track everything about you, although Google does as well.

You don’t have a right to facebook.

Do you think this doesn’t happen to liberal FB profiles? Or any other ideology?

You clearly don’t get it. Even if someone took the time to explain it to you, you (and those being blinded by Fox) won’t get it. What Fox is doing is not journalism. Telling you what to believe and demonizing Democrats, as Fox does all too often, is not journalism. CNN and MSNBC ARE better. Their discussions hinge on facts and they use reporters who know facts, not fake judges who are just there to sell their book.

And you mentioned the jury. Reporters consider many factors in writing a story. The safety of the jurors would certainly enter into that. But so is the right of public information. You don’t seem to have a problem with that with Fox’s often marginal stories about things they’ve “uncovered.” I posted elsewhere that I think the names of the jurors will be revealed. But not necessarily by CNN. You don’t think Fox wouldn’t reveal them if they got the names? They certainly would if this trial was connected to a Democrat.

But here’s the bottom line: Journalists have a job to do and that is to keep the public informed. And they will do it no matter no matter how much crap they get from Trump or his supporters who don’t get it.

And you better hope they do.

Fox is the Republican Propaganda channel. Is there anyone left that doesn’t know that?

It’s such a waste of time debating anything with you because you have such partisan blinders on, but I’ll bite anyway.

You may not have seen me say this before, but I don’t watch ANY cable news. Quit doing so right after the 2016 election.

And I’ve never denied Fox is anything other than shilling for Trump, with the exception of Shep Smith, Bret Baeir and Chris Wallace. Is it biased? Of course, anyone can see that.

But the problem is you, and most others on the left, rail against Fox but refuse to admit there is any problem with other media. CNN does not do journalism either, with the exception of Jake Tapper. What someone of his caliber is doing on CNN I don’t know, he used to be with ABC and they were stupid to let him go.

Their discussions do not so much hinge on “facts” than they do OPINION, which is also true of Fox. But CNN has discussion panels that feature a liberal, and a “Republican” like Ana Nararro who isn’t just anti Trump but anti Republican.

During the election their panels featured a liberal, a Never Trump Never Hillary conservative, and a pro Trumper. That way at least all points of views were represented. I actually enjoyed listening to some of the discussions in the fall of 2016.

But please spare me this “CNN and MSNBC do real journalism” because for the most part they don’t.

And speaking of why many people do not trust the media, here is a great example.

Many left wing media sources ran with a headline about how ICE arrested a man whose pregnant wife was on her way to the hospital and due to give birth.

Sounds really awful doesn’t it? Well yeah… until you realize they left out one important detail. The man ICE arrested was wanted on a murder charge.

Kind of changes the story a bit doesn’t it? Now some media sources quietly edited their headlines after the uproar, but this was WAY after a bunch of leftiies retweeted the inaccurate headline and ran with a false narrative. NBC seemed to be one of the very few who got it right the first time.

Sure, I will agree. Now do CNN and MSNBC.

I can’t even manage to see a lot of my actual friends on my FB feed and my FB is almost totally apolitical. If you pay Facebook, people will see your posts.

No, it’s not partisan blinders. It’s that I’ve worked in journalism (for more than one decade) and you haven’t. You and anyone who would criticize the news regularly are outsiders who frankly don’t know anything about the process of writing and researching a story and what it takes to get a story into print. You think you do because of what Fox tells you. They leave out a lot. They also have an agenda. At least you recognize that. I’ll give you that. Not everyone who watches Fox does. And for someone who quit watching cable news, you sure have a lot of Fox’s spiel down.

And just where did you come up with the ICE story and the angle about the left wing media, huh? That sounds like a Fox script if I ever heard one. I can tell you from personal experience that reporting on a story is an ongoing process. Sometimes new details show up after the story is in print. Then you must update or revise it. Nothing wrong with that. That’s what real journalists do.

As for the ICE story, though, I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. Some of the links I saw mentioned the homicide charge. Remember, too, that some stories on the internet remain in old versions after they get updated. So I’m still not sure what you’re complaining about. It’s also intriguing how you KNOW CNN and others didn’t get it right. Are you monitoring them? If it’s not you, who is it?

Anyway, here’s a couple of links of CNN, CBS and others. They have the details you’re complaining about that are missing. The CBS link, by the way, is 18 hours old.

Yes, it definitely is partisan blinders. You aren’t the only liberal on this board, but you more than anyone mentions Fox news in almost every post, no matter what the topic, and refuse to even consider that some other media sources and some journalists (Jim Acosta, and I use that term very loosely for him) also have an agenda.

Oh, and those stories you linked to with the CORRECT information about ICE arresting the man who was wanted for murder? Those corrected headlines came out AFTER the outcry on social media. You yourself state one was corrected 19 hours ago (as of the time of your post of course) which was well AFTER they were called out on their deception.

But no worries, some media are still running with the bogus headline, like People.

And this part is really funny:

“I asked them why they separate good people, why they weren’t arresting people who do bad things, and I asked them to let us go,” Venegas shared with NBC Los Angeles.

Why they weren’t arresting people who do bad things? He’s wanted for MURDER.

But I will give People credit for mentioning this, about half way down the article.

Now as for your claim I seem to know so much about Fox news, it’s really easy to know what’s being said on cable news channels. Mediaite is all about the media industry, and has both liberal and conservative writers. It’s a very good source for those who don’t watch those channels but want to know what is being said.

Then of course there are always lots of video clips on social media from both left and right sources.

2 Likes

So?

Has any Trump lover or other supporter posted anything that resembles an actual “attack” by the coordinated media editorials regarding the freedom of the press and the danger of politicians labeling the media an “enemy of the people”?

1 Like

Say partisan blinders all you want, Joanne. I told you I speak from experience. I’m not somebody sitting here and complaining about the media who’s never worked in it a day in their lives. I told you I had multiple decades of work in newspapers and media and that’s the truth. I’m not some partisan internet jockey. So if you don’t believe that, frankly I don’t give a damn.

As far as the story goes, the thing you need to remember is that the story was revised and updated. Was it because of social media? In this era, that certainly is possible. But if there was an agenda, it wouldn’t have been changed, would it? You don’t see Fox (yeah, there I go again) revising their ■■■■■■■■ stories. Real media like CNN (yup!) and NBC do.

And I know you have it in for Acosta. Look at it from his point of view. You have an irrational idiot president who is making a target of him and his network. Whether you like it or not, CNN is well respected in the industry. (Fox, by the way, is not.) CNN, like real journalists, want to report the news accurately. You feel they don’t. You have an irrational idiot president who is berating them (and every other media outlet reporting on him) because of many possible scandals. Some people think the scandals are fiction. You’ve had several Trump people resign because of them. It’s tough to admit we have a president who may be the most corrupt ever. If the evidence comes down like it’s appearing, you’ll be glad guys like Acosta were aggressive.