Hundreds of children separated from their parents by US border agents

they are put in foster care.

Same as the kids of other criminals.

Steal a $2000 car or a $20,000 a year job and your kids will be in foster care while the courts decide your fate.

Sounds fair, especially since the employment thieves are stealing more AND taking their kids along on the first part of the crime.

Taking your kids along while you commit a crime? Sheesh they should feel lucky we don’t end their parental rights altogether.

are you suggesting people trying to claim political asylum due to political violence should leave their children in that climate?

Ta know, once upon a time you coukd discuss an issue. NOW You are sticking words in others mouth to make a personal attack.

Please leave the politics forum and join a forum that l, like you, wants to discuss the people on the forum.

Very blue but we’re back in a pretty serious drought in most of the state so I assume it’s spotty.

1 Like

Her kid was not stolen, get over yourself.

She entered the US illegally and was handled appropriately.

You don’t speak for “the right”.

Shoot feral hogs.

They are “Illegal” aliens. detention is where they belong.

No, they should skip the US and go directly to Canada.

Treaty makes that impossible they need to apply for asylum in the first country they enter.

they are not illegal alien they are political refugees hoping on winning a golden ticket.

That would be Mexico.

Mexico isn’t part of the Treaty.

Which treaty is that exactly?

Mexico has a refugee policy as well and is a party to all of the UN conventions on refugees.

http://libraryresources.unog.ch/c.php?g=462675&p=3162869

They are being temporarily separated because they don’t like to keep kid in detention facilities they will be reunited if their claim is approved or they are deported.

1 Like

which does not prevent them from bypassing the US and going directly to Canada just as I suggested.

for the record I have no issue with Canada accepting more claim from South America for Asylum the situation down there is horrible.

Once a Honduran steps foot in Mexico he is safe . (These people are not being persecuted btw. They are claiming the same status we give to human rights victims because months earlier in another village there was a street riot.)

Anyway, once a Honduran steps foot in Mexico he is safe. When he then LIES and attempts to enter the US he reveals he is actually not fleeing from Honduras (he has already done that.) He is in fact trying to steal a $20,000/yr job from an under-employed American.

That is fact. That is elephant in the room beyond dispute.

My opinion? If you attempt to steal a car from such a barely-getting-by American you should go to jail. If you attempt to steal his job you should go to jail for va long time, preferably a southern chain gang type prison.

2 Likes