How Picky Are YOU?

The one thing that I can probably stand that most people can’t is probably spinich.

You’ve been there Lou
I knew I liked you for some reason:)

You’ve been there Lou.
I knew I liked you for some reason:)

1 Like

Head cheese? Good stuff, ate gobs of it when I was young. Doesn’t look all that pretty. But who sees it on a sandwhich? Haven’t run across any in a long time.

How about fried pig brain? Not my fave, but doable.

Now blood sausage, that was one of my favorites, made with the pigs blood. A great dish with flapjack’s or eggs.

1 Like

I’ve eaten a lot of Head Cheese. It makes a great sandwich with hot mustard. It was also called Souse. I haven’t seen it in years.
I’ve had pig and calf brains both in scrambled eggs.
Never had any blood sausage. I’ve heard of it though.

I remember when I was young 50+ years ago and loved watching the Popeye cartoons. My mother bought a can of spinach…ewwwww. Yet hubby LOVES it! Go figure!

2 Likes

:point_up: That thing right there. :point_up:

1 Like

Clams steamed, not raw.

Clams, as long as they’re not over-cooked, there is no way to cook 'em wrong.

Same with oysters …

Love steamed clams dipped in butter. Love oysters raw or fried. For some reason I don’t like mussels though.

That’s not really odd.

Oysters scare a lot of people, but flavorwise oysters and clams have a reputation for succulence (a yummy delicate deliciousity from Neptune’s garden), whereas mussels reputation is a nice seafoody change of pace but “nothing special.”

Where should I start? Cake, candy, chocolate, cookies, ice cream. Just sugar in general. The only thing I’ll eat fried are French fries and chicken, things like funnel cake, corn dogs, or zepolies (spelling?) is a no go. The smell alone drives me away.

Zero fish products and I won’t even try sushi. I will not eat rare, medium rare, anything rare. True story, I almost got sick at a Ruth’s Chris steakhouse just by glancing at someone else’s steak at a different table.

I basically live on bacon cheeseburgers, steak, tacos, meatball or chicken parm, pizza, or anything pasta without that nasty cheese people grind. Oh yeah, I love French fries. I use ketchup for two things only, fries and cheeseburgers. I don’t mind cooked onions on a sausage/peppers/onions sandwich. Raw onions, not a fan. I could go on but what’s the point?

I think you are almost as picky as me. I lean towards meat and cheese. Don’t like much seasoning except salt/pepper. I like a mild onion flavor, but like you, don’t like raw onions. I’ve never ever used ketchup.

Brussels sprouts are small cabbages. They are a cultivar of the cabbage (same species) Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflour, kale, collard greens, kohlrabi are all in the same species, but different cultivars.

Mustard greens are a different (but closely related) species.

And peppers are fruits, while strawberries are not.

Yet for culinary purposes, you might get away with putting strawberries in your cheesesteak, if you put Anaheim chiles on your breakfast cereal you will regret it. (wink).

Here is something ear friendly for you…
Smithsonian announced they have a spot reserved on the shelves for Maxine’s ugly face.
[picture: me…dancing and singing in joy].

I only eat Lima Beans with lots of butter and salt …

I’m not picky at all. There were some things in Taipei that I couldn’t eat but mostly because I couldn’t pick up the little translucent oval shaped sea creatures… or whatever they were. And in my first of many trips to Turkey, the milk (from the cow that the older mother milked across the street) and cookies baked in sheep fat were kinda difficult. But I can eat just about anything in Turkey now.

I wont eat insects or worms either.

I think being a little picky is a good thing. I will never eat foods with certain consistency. I never eat the darkened tip of the banana, I don’t eat soft apricots, peaches, apples. Figs and walnuts are taboo. for me.