How likely is it that we will simply have to learn to live with this virus like we do with the flu?

Unless COVID magically disappears some how that is. When I analyze the charts of states like NJ, NY, & CA, all who had public mask mandates along with other safety measures, there was a leveling off of cases for few months until cold and flu season came and soon after we saw in those states massive surges in cases even with the same measures still in place. Now ironically as the vaccine is going into people’s arms a new strain of virus is emerging. I’ve said this before that the vaccine is the only potential gamechanger out there. Safety measures can help but as demonstrated in states like NJ, NY, CA, only do so much. Unless COVID magically disappears it’s very likely going to be a part of life going forward.

My WEP on the thread title is “Almost Certainly”

1 Like

Even if Kung Flu 2.0 is eradicated, there will be another scary berry virus now that people are getting used to being told when they may go places.

7 Likes

The Chinese have successfully induced their adversaries to destroy their own economies in a futile attempt to thwart nature, and got away with it scot free. They have been incentivised to repeat the same ruse.

3 Likes

What’s the next animal the Chinese are going to eat?

1 Like

And that’s why this has happened only twice in the last century and change.

Guys there’s a vaccine. We can reach herd immunity, the real kind, not the stuff you’ve been calling that to justify not doing anything.

2 Likes

Probably some kind of snake. They’ll be the danger noodles that spread the Cobra Kai.

Wombat

2 Likes

Did you read the OP? The impact of the vaccine is still an unknown, especially with mutant strains of the virus popping up.

The were actually rewarded, now that Democrats have control of all three branches of government.

It’s an older article, but it’s not impossible to imagine a future where an annual covid shot is standard alongside the flu shot. One company is already working on a bundle - might be others.

eg-zactly.

this is just an excuse for the dictator left to be what they really are

until the population revolts, or goes full Venezuela

Well, luckily for them, it was a virus that gave authoritarians absolute control over where you go and what you do. Otherwise, how would they also excuse meddling in your health care as well?

Anything that’s on four legs, flys, slithers and not a a wooden table.

You know how to prepare carp?

Your grandchildren will be wearing muzzles.

Cut it up in chunks for bait for real fish.

2 Likes

Get a board, cut up some garlic, cilantro, and rosemary. Roll the carp in the mixture, sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 350, lay the carp on the board and directly on rack, cook for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, slide the carp off the board into the trash can, and eat the board.

5 Likes

No vaccine is 100% effective, the flu vaccine is about 40% effective because of all the various strands of the flu there are:

As I said in the title this could very well be the case with COVID.