How does Bidenomics help the economy?

And you aren’t the only one which is why most of that has shot up in price or is unavailable.

With annual inflation of over 6%, America can’t survive much more of this winning.

Of course, they do offer lowering expectations.

The unemployment rate has nothing to do with how many job openings there are. It is simply a measure of how many people are without a job and currently looking for work.

So increased consumer spending and stock market have nothing to do with Biden, but all the bad stuff does? Hmmm…

1 Like

You’re a lawyer correct? As a lawyer, give me your view on the words “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.”

I see things in black or white, right or wrong, it’s being done or not being done. For example, there have been many threads where supply and demand has been discussed. Everyone in this forum understands it. What part of Bidens well known disdain for fossil fuels, of the lefts disdain for fossil fuels am I making up? If a President enacts, by law or executive order, a policy that reduces the supply of oil to the world market, that action is going to affect the price in a negative way. It has been the stated goal of the left to completely eliminate use of fossil fuels period. Obama said he was going to bankrupt coal companies and that under his plan our “UTILITY BILLS WOULD NECESSARILY SKYROCKET!” Do you remember that little speech of his??

When you say I demand everyone to accept my ridiculously false premises, I’m doing no such thing. The actions being done by Biden match his words and the words that have been coming from the mouths of the left. Same thing with guns. Beto Orourke, you know, the guy that ran for president and recently announced he’s going to run against Greg Abbot for Governor of Texas, do you remember in one of his campaign speeches where he said “ HELL YES, WE’RE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!”?

Something you are overlooking is that Biden and others like Pelosi and Schumer are near done. They will not be in power much longer, they are getting too old. Who is going to step in but the younger crowd of Leftists like Beto, or AOC, all of whom have been grounded in radical leftism their whole lives? They may not have the reins of power yet, but their time is coming and they already have enough influence to affect policies being put in place by Biden etc.

If you wish to present evidence that I’m presenting things untrue, have at it, but excuse me if I don’t just accept ITS NOT HAPPENING or HES NOT DOING THAT, when clearly he is.

1 Like

You want a blatant example?? How about churches being shut down and pastors arrested for having services for “ SAFETY REAONS” while strip clubs were allowed to remain open?

Of course you also won’t address the hypocrisy of Democrat Governors and mayors blatantly violating their own mandates while arresting their citizens for doing the same.

You guys keep accusations that I’m making things up. Yet, the things I am saying are on video or a matter of public record. I don’t have to make stuff up to make you guys look like hypocrites , you’re doing it all yourselves.

And that’s the problem. The world does not exist in black and white. People who disagree with you are not morally wrong by default.

“Disdain” is a strange choice of word, but the part you’re making up is the conclusion that because many people are troubled by our reliance on fossil fuels, then therefore they are purposefully trying to destroy America.

The President of the United States has little to no ability to reduce the supply of oil on the world market.

Of course you are. Look at your own words:

You are demanding that we disprove the conclusions you’ve come to in your head - thats demanding that we accept your premises.

If you want people to interact with your arguments respectfully, then you need to be respectful in your arguments. If you’re honestly seeking that someone explain their differing opinion to you, let them explain it rather than telling us what you think we believe.

Are you suggesting that everyone who calls themself a Chistian is following Christian precepts?

Executive order reversing the travel ban from Muslim majority countries.

Executive order for the US to again rejoin the Paris accords.

Stopping the building of new construction border wall.

Stopping the keystone pipeline.

Dow at an all time high.

Reducing unemployment.

Growing the economy.

All wins for biden.

Allan

[quote=“JimmyC, post:63, topic:240700, full:true”]

The unemployment rate has nothing to do with how many job openings there are. It is simply a measure of how many people are without a job and currently looking for work.

Blockquote

Nice cherry picking! I didn’t say the unemployment rate is based on how many job openings there are. I said the unemployment rate is determined by THE NUMBER OF CLAIMS FILED. A big part of the reason unemployment claims are low right now is because people aren’t looking for work because they are being paid sufficient money by the Democrat administration that they can afford not to look. This is why we have both a low unemployment figure while simultaneously having tens of millions of unfilled jobs!

Blockquote

So increased consumer spending and stock market have nothing to do with Biden, but all the bad stuff does? Hmmm…

Blockquote

Consumer spending always goes up this time of year. Americans go in debt to pay for their holiday spending. Spending for the holidays is usually good for an economy, but Biden doesn’t cause Holiday spending.

Spending because people are anticipating shortages and are hoarding? Not so good. The benefits now will be cancelled by an even bigger margin if or when the shortages hit. Biden is causing the shortages or at least making them much worse.

Blockquote

Hmmm, churches were shown to be spreader events. Indoors, singing - bad. I don’t see any problem with churches having been shut down temporarily until the worst was past. Aren’t all churches back open now? How can you claim it is a goal to shut down churches when they just open back up after the danger is mitigated? Doesn’t seem like an inexorable march to communism if they open back up, does it, considering the special circumstances.

As to strip clubs, I have no idea what happened there.

Not true. Unemployment rate is calculated via a survey. Claims have nothing to do with it.

Wow, this is an old talking point. Aren’t all those churches back open again? If what you claimed was true, wouldn’t they all still be shutdown?

So the goal post has moved from abolishing every trace and influence of Christianity from public view to abolishing every trace and influence of certain Christian denominations from public view?

Ok, let me put it another way: The founding fathers, who had just taken up arms in revolution against their king because of tyranny, penned a document they believed should be the foundation of our government. Do you concede the possibility that they included the 2nd amendment precisely to ensure that in the future, citizens would never be denied the ability to likewise rise up against tyranny?

You understand that the founding fathers didn’t agree on very much, right?

The Constitution is a compromise.

I can pretty much guarantee that a majority of the founding fathers did not presuppose a future in which the second amendment would be required to depose a future instance of the government they were creating.

There are approximately 393 million guns in the US. Yet, the right holds up this nonsense that they are going to be taken away. It’s fear mongering at it’s finest.

1 Like

The president has power to influence supply in a few significant ways. Shutting down drilling and shutting down pipelines has an impact. Labor shortages in refining and transporting fossil fuels has an impact, increasing regulations has an impact and increasing taxes has an impact. Companies will react and prepare for things that may adversely affect their ability to make a profit. All of the things I listed have a negative influence on profit. What do companies do when their profit decreases or their taxes increase? Pass the cost on to the consumer.

Again, supply and demand is understood. Doing anything that reduces supply of oil from American oil companies is going to impact the world market. Either your leaders don’t know this, or they do and are doing it anyway. While Americans are hurting due to high gas prices, Biden approves a pipeline for Russia. Why? If it’s not deliberately being done to hurt Americans, why is it being done now of all times, in the middle of a pandemic that our economy is trying to recover from? Why does Russia get a pipeline but thousands of Americans get put out of work at high paying jobs when Biden shuts our pipeline down?

It would be great if the world had sufficient alternatives to replace our reliance on oil and gas, but for now we don’t, forcing Americans before the technology is fully developed, available and affordable not only hurts Americans, but puts us at a disadvantage compared to our enemies who aren’t doing the same stupid things in their countries.

P[quote=“TheDoctorIsIn, post:75, topic:240700, full:true”]

You understand that the founding fathers didn’t agree on very much, right?

The Constitution is a compromise.

I can pretty much guarantee that a majority of the founding fathers did not presuppose a future in which the second amendment would be required to depose a future instance of the government they were creating.
[/quote]

The Constitution was designed to limit the power of government, precisely because of the tyranny they overthrew. True, it wasn’t a Constitutional government they were concerned about, it was a government that hates the constitution and seeks to destroy or ignore it they were concerned about. The radical left hates the constitution and is doing everything possible to nullify it or end run around it.

You still haven’t given your view on “Shall not be infringed.”

2 Likes

[quote=“DisturbedGuy, post:76, topic:240700, full:true”]

There are approximately 393 million guns in the US. Yet, the right holds up this nonsense that they are going to be taken away. It’s fear mongering at it’s finest.
[/quote]dd

It’s your guys who want to take them and they will the microsecond they feel they have the power to do it. No one will long last against the military. The leftist radicals will kill Americans without a seconds hesitation to achieve their goals. They’re already saying anti Vaxxers deserve to die. The ends justifies the means to the left.

1 Like

Not from me. They’re working hard too.