Hey look Michael Bloomberg coming to town

has cnn and other idiot political media gone gaga over Bloomberg yet?

they have their job to do

Warren defends her (incorrect) use of “American Indian” despite no Federally required documentation or known tribal citizenship to do so on a family legend based on what “Granny so and so” said about “high cheekbones”.
Warren is from Oklahoma and likely is well aware of the numerous legitimate Tribes there. The Cherokee are the largest with a registered citizenry of nearly 400,000. Warren has claimed over the years her lineage by family lore to be Cherokee. After her DNA stunt the Cherokee leadership only comment basically said “Warren is not a citizen of the Cherokee Nation”.
I am of the opinion Warren has lied all along with her claims of Aboriginal ancestry. She gained advantage reserved for a true minority and enriched herself doing so.

1 Like

does my heart good to see others knowing what is really what

Was American Indian Wrongspeak in 1986? No, it wasn’t.

The Southwest tribes (Sunni, Navajo, Hopi etc) used to market handmade products, foods, children’s books through the “Southwest Indian Foundation “. My wife and I were members (Foundation) during the mid ‘80’s- 90’s and catalogs descriptions of items typically referred to “Authentic American Indian”. So I would say that you are correct sir!

What is/was AIM?

Point well taken but if you strolled up to Pine Ridge during the stand-off and asked Russel Means if he considered himself an American Indian or Native American I’ll betcha a six pack of PBR 16 ouncers he’d say neither deferring to his tribal affiliation.
I think he’s (was) an Oglaga Sioux?

He’s officially in let the spending begin!!!

Yeah, gun banner and grabber. ■■■■ that guy.

Well, if the electorate is okay with this former Republican billionaire running as a Democrat against the former Democrat billionaire running as a Republican, then I can only shrug.

This flirtation with oligarchy reminds me of the Israelites’ desire for a monarch in 1st Samuel.

1 Like

From everything I’ve heard he is doing this because he doesn’t believe Joe Biden has any chance of making it out of the Democratic primary.

People who are into stop and frisk should support him.

1 Like

This is the weakness of a Bloomberg candidacy. He will stuggle to generate a winning level of turnout among African-Americans because of the stop and frisk debacle.

We even have the leadership of the NYPD dumping on Bloomberg for undermining the ability of police officers on the ground to build that sorts of relationships with the community that enable effective policing because of Bloomberg’s long running defense of the policy.

Bloomberg may be an effective counter to the more progressive wing of the Democratic Party – compared with Biden – but Biden probably will be a more effective campaigner in the general election.

2 Likes

Yep it’s defiantly a shot against Biden I saw were at the moment he is already polling at 3% that’s before the 100 million dollar ad blitz coming if he gets that number up to 6+% it really hurts Biden and Buttiegel.

Given how polarized the electorate is, do you think Bloomberg’s stance on guns is going to reduce his vote total?

:man_facepalming:

If had to pick a winner right now it would be either Warren or Buttigieg.

I like Warren. her policy proposals are more in line with what I believe will be for the good of the country as a whole. I am not sure how effective of a President she would be. But that is true for any one who wins. There will be a lot of time and effort spent building back key roles in the Government that have been gutted by this administration. There will also be a lot of time and energy spent repairing the rifts created with our allies which is going to be hard because trust in the US as a world leader will take decades to rebuild.

Butigieg has a major problem attracting the black vote. If he isn’t able to turn that around, then a key component of the Democrat electorate will stay home like they did in 2016.

I’m surprised to see Bloomberg actually did this. This can’t be good news for the other candidates. I wonder how it’ll play out. Things just got more interesting and I believe more folks will tune in to the next debate.

Which billionaire do you like more, Steyer or Bloomberg?