Herd immunity, the bar lowers

keep laughing. i told you the reason why they had no floyd spike, now science is beginning to see it and agreeing with me. i told you that if the science about the short lived antibodies was correct, cases would begin to rise. the beginnings of that are now being seen. how bad will it be? that i’m not sure about. it may be that once you’ve fought it off your body will remember how. it may be that the vast majority of cases will be mild. that is yet to be seen… but there are suggestions it may be the case.

You just made up an nyc spike. Literally made it up.

What is the purpose of listening to your common sense if you make things up to support your correctness

are you sure you’re in Australia… cuz, damn!

Yet The met area continues at a 1% positive rate from testing.

When 1% becomes higher than I will be concerned it’s been at 1% for a while.

Allan

I did not say that Victoria had not had a spike in COVID-19 cases.

Beats me. But that’s the reality of the situation. Governors have to react and can’t wait for someone to figure it out. For whatever reason, the spread gets out of control in bar settings, so they gotta close.

Why are you so focused on bars?

Don’t look at the new case count.

Positive rate is a better indicator of a spike

Compare Texas 16% vs NY/NJ’s 1%

My county (Morris pop 500,000) did have 64 new cases in the last 7 days.

Now compare that to Madison county, Texas which has a population of 15,000 which had 140 new cases.

You see what I mean?

Allan

1 Like

Why are you comparing to Texas, one of the three hottest states in the country?

If you want to compare to Texas, let’s compare total deaths.

Consistent if nothing else. :wink:

1 Like

3 deaths yesterday in jersey.

How many in Texas?

Texas is catching Jersey and not in a good way.

Allan

Yep. That is my neighborhood.

Got a call out of the blue From the health department saying that I could come in for testing if I wanted.

Told them I have been in Maine the entire time.

I will be going back next week because work is starting again.

It is going to be rough going to get things under control and relying on a bunch of people getting sick and dying to achieve some sort of herd immunity is a terrible plan.

Total deaths. We have 430,000 more cases and still 5,000 less deaths. What does that make the fatality rate look like? Look at the deaths per million.

Yesterday was Saturday.

We’ve got problems. I don’t deny it.

Our winter is going to be a lot milder than yours.

The virus is going to run it’s course, don’t count your chickens…

Good for you.

Texas didn’t make mistakes that jersey did early in the year.

People were allowed Willy nilly into nursing homes and killed the people residing there.

Texas and the other states who spiked after had the knowledge to protect nursing home patients.

Allan

We new from the start to prn[quote=“biggestal99, post:56, topic:234530, full:true”]

Texas didn’t make mistakes that jersey did early in the year.

People were allowed Willy nilly into nursing homes and killed the people residing there.

Texas and the other states who spiked after had the knowledge to protect nursing home patients.

Allan
[/quote]

Revisionist history.

protect nursing home patients? Hell it started there in WA. In Florida it was the first thing they shutdown on 11 Mar Banning most visitors.

This is what NJ did: On March 31, NJ Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli issued a directive to long-term facilities that required them to accept residents discharged from hospitals. It said nursing homes couldn’t deny a person admission or readmission solely based on a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and couldn’t test them for the virus. The directive was similar to one New York had issued."

We had some nursing home issues.

I have an interesting local issue regarding false reported nursing home cases.

Will post tomorrow with more details.

we’ve had that knowledge almost from the beginning. your gov ignored it