Heavily armed man detained at Missouri WalMart

Again, the humor is somewhat lacking. So check it out, true story, I witnessed a murder yesterday morning, some psycho panhandler stabbed a lady panhandler in the throat just as your boy was strolling past and reading all the “knife control” jokes on social media made me want to reach through the screen and stab them in the throat.

A handgun (usually a revolver) is the ONLY thing that can stop an assault rifle. Don’t you watch movies?

Umm no, police don’t charge you, they may list a crime they feel was broken on the arrest report but there is no charge filed until it is filed by a prosecutor.

from Arrest and Early Proceedings in a Criminal Case | Nolo

A criminal case usually gets started with a police arrest report. The prosecutor then decides what criminal charges to file, if any. Some cases go to a preliminary hearing, where a judge decides if there is enough evidence to proceed. Cases can also start when a grand jury issues a criminal indictment.

Arrest Reports and Criminal Charges

After an arrest, the police report goes to a prosecutor whose job it is to initiate cases. An arrest report summarizes the events leading up to the arrest and provides numerous details, such as dates, times, locations, and witness names.

The prosecutor will typically:

• determine that the case should be charged and file a “complaint” (the charging document may go by a different name)
  • decide that the case should go to a grand jury, which will decide what charges, if any, to file, or
  • decide not to pursue the case.

After an arrest, the police officer specifies the crime or crimes that made the basis for the arrest. Officers may recommend that the prosecution file additional charges, too. But prosecutors get to make the ultimate decision on what the charges will be.

A defendant typically learns what the formal charges will be at the first court appearance. But prosecutors’ initial charges are subject to change. For example, a prosecutor might not make a final decision on what charges to file until after a preliminary hearing, which may take place more than a month after arrest.

One of us doesn’t know what he’s talking about but it isn’t me.

Who’s “my boy?”

1 Like

Me. First time I ever saw someone murdered in front of my eyes.

Sorry you had to see that. Although, better you than some kid.

He walks into a Walmart with body armor and a hammer you think this happens?

The gun is part of it. The mob is in a heightened sense right now…mobs dont like these acts…mobs will issue swift justice.

Ok, gotcha. The sentence was fragmented. I thought you were saying someone was reading knife ban jokes on social media, like on YouTube or something, and you wanted to strangle them for reading them and laughing.

Don’t know what to tell you. Free country on the knife ban jokes. Sorry you were witness to a murder.

He didn’t break the law…the law in MO specifically allows him to do what he did…so, again…what can he be charged with when he was following the law as it is?

1 Like

I agree…who did he threaten? Did he even speak to anyone there? I understand he was videoing on his phone…will be good evidence of what he was actually doing and saying.

If he had “police” on his vest, would the firefighter had been in the right? Why?

I mean, I’ve seen dudes stabbed and I’ve seen dudes murdered after it happened, just never the confluence of the two. I didn’t feel much.

If the people in MO don’t want people walking around with a weapon and body armor then they should change the law to make one or both of those things illegal. It’s amazing how many people are willing to blame this man for exercising his 2nd Amendment rights as well as all local regulations concerning firearms.

I wonder if the NRA will get their lawyers involved in helping this kid out…

Still a disgusting thing to see. Not something I wish for people.

I tried to post a poll , it either didn’t work or was deleted.

Was wondering what people here would have done had they encountered him while shopping.

Flee, shoot him before shoots you, take photos/videos or go on with your shopping as usual.

So far, I think only one poster suggested what specifically he could be charged with and that’s disorderly conduct.

But did he actually break any laws by practicing his right to carry ?

METT-TC dependent.

Not directly. We’re a Constitutional Carry State.

1 Like

As a concealed carrier who does carry all the time, I wouldn’t have done what the guy who stopped him did.

I probably would have had my wife leave the store, phoned police to advise them of the situation, and followed him out of sight until more information could be had.