Heavily armed man detained at Missouri WalMart

The armed man who walked into a Missouri Walmart store dressed in body armor and fatigues and was detained at gunpoint by an off-duty firefighter is “lucky he’s alive still” considering the situation he created, a police official said.

The man who is said to be white and in his 20s was detained by the armed firefighter until police arrived at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, police said in a statement. The man in body armor had been seen pushing a shopping cart and recording video of himself on a cellphone, police told NBC affiliate KYTV.

Police were called about a possible active shooter, and the store manager pulled a fire alarm and told people to evacuate, Springfield police Lt. Mike Lucas said.

Technically, he didn’t break any laws but obviously shoppers weren’t entertained with his act. What would you have done - get outta there ASAP, do nothing or shoot him before he shoots you ?

Incredibly stupid thing to do.

1 Like

Seems like it but they probably have to let him go without charging him. He didn’t break any laws

1 Like

If he didn’t break any laws then why is he “lucky he’s alive still”? He was just exercising his 2nd Amendment rights. This is what hoplophobia looks like.

He won’t be charged, but this is the sort of thing that will get a person killed. He really is lucky to be alive as the article states.

Missouri is an open carry state… As long as he was not threatening anyone, there is nothing to charge him with…

Now just imagine if he was black or muslim…What do you think the odds are he’d have walked out of there like this tool did…?

6 Likes

I blame the media, video games, and liberals.

Sweet. Deleting posts because this guy is an idiot? Love this place.

1 Like

Took me a moment, but I think it was deleted because it used an unfiltered word on an unapproved context. You can use the word to address Vice President Cheney but not in a pejorative sense.

At least I hope that’s the rationale.

That said, I believe the word applies.

LOL, actually kinda yes

He is a moron but open carry helped create this…

Shrug

1 Like

There is a word that is not filtered in the posts deleted. It isn’t filtered as a matter of convenience to the posters so you can talk about Cheney and Durban and the like. If I filter it, you complain. If I don’t and delete, you complain. Please take your contempt elsewhere.

4 Likes

Figured it would either be Springfield or St. Louis. ■■■■ hole cities, those ones.

Missouri is a Constitutional Carry State. Open carry or concealed, no permit is required.

If he wasn’t looking for trouble, there was no need for that moron to make a scene like that when he could’ve simply carried concealed like the firefighter likely does.

If he was looking for trouble, he was stopped by a good guy with a gun.

2 Likes

My compliments to the firefighter for his quick response. I don’t know though that I appreciate his restraint?

A good man with a gun…until he isn’t. Why was he arrested if he didn’t break the law?

Maybe what he was lucky to be alive about is that he wasn’t a black man carrying a toy gun he picked up in the toy section.

3 Likes

If you’re dumb enough to walk into a Wal Mart with a vest and a visible gun less than a week after a recent massacre, you are indeed lucky if some twitchy cop or “good guy with a gun” doesn’t shoot you in the head.

4 Likes

The body armor is a clue that the wearer of it may be expecting that it would save his life. The “why” in why that would be necessary is the answer.

“His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business here,” Lucas said. "In fact, he’s lucky he’s alive still, to be honest.

The open carrying of firearms is legal in Missouri, as long as the weapon is not displayed in a threatening manner.

It appears that somehow or another police were able to derive the man’s intent. Probably because of the body armor and multiple weapons carried.