Has Anyone Noticed This? Covid 19

So far is the key phrase.

I hope the mortality rate stays low and the folks in Texas and Florida will be OK. I have friends in both states and I am worried for them.

This virus is far from done with us. I take exception with those (and I don’t mean you) that gleefully point out that more people have died in Northern/Democratic states than in other states. How sad is it when someone cheers the death of others Americans.

1 Like

It is in Chelsea, Lowell, and parts of Spingfield.

Downtown Boston is cosmopolitan, but its neighborhoods are notoriously segregated.

Same with Middlesex and Essex counties.

Spanish should be one of our two official languages.

Over 4,000 of the fatalities in New York were nursing home patients. I know we had some in Texas too, I don’t know how many.

We don’t need an official language.

Spanish translators are a dime 4 dozen.

How is this relevant?

What do you mean?

Since July 1st, NY has had 43,798 new cases.
Since July 1st, FL has had 201,397 new cases.

As of yesterday, NY lists 157,000 active cases.
As of yesterday, FL lists 316,000 active cases.

Florida has more ill.

Than NY.

Yeah Cuomo the guy who put infected people into nursing homes. :roll_eyes:

Yes. This thread begun with discussing the states with the highest overall deaths. These states have “liberal” governors and how those governors are responsible. There were then comparisons to Florida and sun belt states which are largely Republican. Then we had graphs showing overall deaths, without attention to current trends. If things continue, both FL and TX will have more total cases than NY in a week. People will for some reason be happy that they have more cases with fewer deaths, but if they were able to prevent those cases with the success now seen elsewhere, they’d have even less dead. The states which were initially hit hard haven’t reached herd immunity, they still have an enormous percent of their population who are still susceptible. They’ve been able to vastly decrease spread since the first peak. Why can’t the sun belt?

Better treatment + more ill = more dead than better treatment + less ill. Better treatment is the constant. The only difference is in how many ill there are. Trump seems to have no desire to enact real prevention measures, so that falls on the governors. The governors are failing. Trump continuing not to act is failing.

I don’t agree at all.

You may be seeing a vaccine by October.

Cuomo acted stupidly regarding nursing home patients with Covid. Massachusetts handled it so much better.

Well, Bob… you’re wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

1 Like

California will have more cases than NY by the end of the week.

I know. I’m very disappointed in the people of my state. We didn’t take the virus seriously and certain areas opened up too quickly. It’s scary to go outside right now.

2 Likes

Nope, you are. I’ll leave it there; we can resume this discussion when there is an appropriate thread.

1 Like