Has Anyone Noticed This? Covid 19

Are you guys really still on this “it’s a liberal virus” sociopathic thing? COVID is spreading like wildfire through the Sun Belt. You think there’s secret Southern medicine they don’t share with the Yankees that’s gonna stop people from dying?

3 Likes

It’s just sad. Bigly. Weak effort.

Yep, we learned a ton about how to manage these patients. Later states are being rewarded with our hard work.

We learned how to manage cytokine storms with H2 blockers, steroids, melatonin, Vitamin C and other agents.

We learned about the benefits of prone positioning in keeping patients off of vents.

We did the research on Remdesivir, which has helped quite a bit.

The sunbelt is never going to face the mortality hits the first states did, and that just makes sense. We are a lot better at this than we were but it was a hard fight to get here. Just don’t make it seem that these later states are just doing things better than we did.

That is insulting.

5 Likes

Or the idea that this is over and those numbers aren’t changing.

Look at the last two months:
NY deaths (Jun 1 - yesterday): 2,004
FL deaths (Jun 1- yesterday): 3,414

Or more importantly just the last month:
NY deaths (Jul 1 - yesterday): 441
Fl deaths (Jul 1 - yesterday): 2,321

People claiming one side “won” because of less deaths when the deaths are still happening is callous and naive.

1 Like

Basically New York. Even New Jersey is half their fatalities. Massachusetts is half of New Jersey.

So far.

Washington was earlier and didn’t have near the fatalities.

It’s interesting.

What state are you in?

Is Florida in the sunbelt?

I think the point is different than “winning”. It comes up because much of the DNC supportive media wants to put the blame on coronavirus deaths on Trump…not on China and certainly not on the state governments that have most to do with controlling how the virus is handled.
That is why this is even an issue.

1 Like

And? They might not reach the total deaths as some of the initial hard-hit states. Sure. A few thousand more deaths isn’t a big deal?

Michigan

Trump is as much to blame as any of the others. They are all responsible in some form or another.

1 Like

And this.

What about it? I said Florida might night reach the total deaths of some of the earlier states. We are better at treating it and know more about how to prevent spread. The sun belt has every advantage. I see those advantages being wasted.

So Florida is not taking advantage of the lessons learned in treatment?

One part of the puzzle. If treatment is improved but there are more to treat, you can still have a net loss. If you have 25% better treatment but 500% more ill, the outcome will be worse than a less effective treatment with less ill to begin with.

Maybe the actual corelate is that large cities are more susceptible to COVID 19 because they are much more dense in population…than are more rural towns and cities that are less dense.

Could it be that the correlate between Democrats running big cites has nothing to do with politics, but with population density.

Just thought you should know, it has already been proven that it is all about density.

My county has 480,000 people. And North of a certain line the towns are mostly democrat run. Yet in the county next to my county, there is 168,000 people. And most of the towns there are run by republicans. In my county they have over 5000 cases and 256 deaths and in the other county they have fewer than 1000 cases and 38 deaths.

Are you telling me that the county next door, comprised of three big towns and mostly farm land is in better shape because republicans? Complete Utter BS.

It has to do with the more than 300,000 more people in my county…and the densely populated cites that border each other rather than the three large cities in the county next door that actually have considerable farm land between them and the entire southern part of the county is rural farms.

But sure…put it on the democrats. Why not…

Florida…Run by a Republican is doing so great…Georgia and Alabama too. Let’s all follow their examples…Right?

1 Like

Florida doesn’t have more ill.

Chelsea, Boston had a raging epidemic that burned mostly undetected for a month. The same was true of Middlesex County, esp. Lowell.

A lot to do with underserved language barriered communities.

What language?

Spanish.

Spanish is not a language barrier in this country.