Harvard Scientists to Release Sun-Dimming Sky Chemical in 2019

Not confused at all.

They have a little experiment going on (garnering quite the donation pile) in the area of geoengineering, or are going to be having one anyway.

the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change thinks a program of injecting small particles injected in the stratosphere could possibly shield the planet and ONLY cost around $1-10 billion a year.

I don’t remember saying the program actually existed yet.

But you keep on going with your big bad self.

Forget climate change for a second. Trying to establish a baseline:

Do you believe humans have effected the environment on a global scale in the past 100 years? If so, how would you describe that effect?

Yeah you’re such a high roller yourself that’s chump change, amiright??:roll_eyes:

No that’s a dumb thing to say.

$7.5 million donated to a harvard research program is not a crazy thing. I understand it would be if it came out of your pocket. But it simply is not a big deal.

Nick Saban makes $8.3 million a year.

Then why are you acting like we aren’t talking in theoretical?

If losses from climate change are $1 trillion to your county’s economy, what is $10 billion spent globally to prevent it?

A really good deal.

I’m starting to worry you don’t have a fire extinguisher in your home.

I guess I could ignore the experts.

And I could come up with an opinion on my own.

Even though I don’t understand this topic.

It would make me feel pretty good about myself.

Master of my own destiny.

You know?

But experts tends to be pretty smart.

It’s a toughie.

The experiment is not theoretical. A full scale program is at this point. Not everyone is on board with it either.

I don’t see why you keep trying to misinterpret what I am posting.

So if the earth gets warmer that’s not change?

So is global warming real or not?

If it’s getting cooler that’s not a change?

A periodic solar event called a “grand minimum” could overtake the sun perhaps as soon as 2020 and lasting through 2070, resulting in diminished magnetism, infrequent sunspot production and less ultraviolet (UV) radiation reaching Earth — all bringing a cooler period to the planet that may span 50 years.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-global-warming-earth-cooling-media-bias/

Don’t Tell Anyone, But We Just Had Two Years Of Record-Breaking Global Cooling

Inconvenient Science: NASA data show that global temperatures dropped sharply over the past two years. Not that you’d know it, since that wasn’t deemed news. Does that make NASA a global warming denier?

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/why-did-earth’s-surface-temperature-stop-rising-past-decade

Changes happen.

I read those two articles.

They both said yes, global warming is happening.

Thanks for answering my question.

It is really simple.

Humans have been putting massive amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere for 100+ years.

This has slowly warmed the planet. Which has caused a ripple effect, creating a change in the climate.

Main changes are more severe storms, heat waves, blizzards, and length of growing seasons. The effects on the ability to farm, has forced many rural living people/farmers…to move to the cities.
This has caused stress on infrastructures, which has caused strife and pain for far too many.

There is also this:

No.

It was one article in Time.

Global warming has been discussed since the 80’s.

There’s.

:thinking:

You don’t say?

That list looks impressive, until one actually clicks on the links.

Many are dead.

Several had the same article referenced.

When I clicked on your 2nd link, it was basically the same as the first.

I will concede, it was more than the one Time article.

But there was not a huge media blast about a coming ice age.

Nothing compared to the 1000’s of studies and peer reviewed papers from around the globe there are today regarding climate change/global warming.

I trust NASA over “Watts Up”

1 Like

Wait, NASA says there is global warming too?

OK then.

“We see a cooling trend,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, the upper atmosphere could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=28&month=09&year=2018

I read that article.

It is talking about a repeating 11-year trend.

It had a graph and everything.

I’m no expert, but it seemed pretty clear.

Do you want me to explain it to you?

The Earth warms, the Earth cools.

■■■■ happens.