Harvard Scientists to Release Sun-Dimming Sky Chemical in 2019

Gore just got don’t bitching about global warming making us colder (I kept telling you guys The Day After Tomorrow was a documentary :joy:) but here we are, going to block out some of the sun’s rays for the ■■■■■ and giggles of it to see what happens.

First sun-dimming experiment will test a way to cool Earth

Researchers plan to spray sunlight-reflecting particles into the stratosphere, an approach that could ultimately be used to quickly lower the planet’s temperature.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07533-4

Well, I can’t see how anything could go wrong with this. :neutral_face:

Why would anything go wrong? Humans can’t change the climate, remember? What an absurd fear. What are you worried about?

4 Likes

God…and to think our lives are in there hands.

Scary…

1 Like

How is your life in the hands of a doctoral candidate in Massachusetts?

1 Like

…and supposedly cheap.

The process does not have to be wildly expensive; in a report last month, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change suggested that a fleet of high-flying aircraft could deposit enough sulfur to offset roughly 1.5 °C of warming for around $1 billion to $10 billion per year1.

If that’s cheap in their eyes I wonder what ■■■■■■■■ expensive” looks like?:open_mouth:

Lol it’s so true

This thread has potential.

I’m really confused why any anti-epa person would be concerned with a few 100 grams of antacid powder being dropped out of a balloon over the desert.

This sounds like something one would read at the Onion. Meanwhile, many places have already experienced blizzards and colder than normal weather. Kansas, Iowa and other states were really hard hit.

So it is global warming, climate change, or something else? The goal posts keep getting moved.

1 Like

anti-EPA person? Is that my new moniker?

I want to know why it costs so much to dump some ground up Tums over the desert then. :thinking:

What a great idea…lets start another ice age.

While we’re at it lets clone some woolly mammoths. :rofl:

I will pass on the ice age. Thanks anyway. :joy: But weren’t we getting dire warnings back in the 70s and 80s that we were headed to an ice age?

The hysteria has gone on for decades, yet the world is still here.

Yes, we were all going to die in the upcoming Ice Age. I remember that.

That is if the Alar on the apples didn’t kill us first. :wink:

Oh, now say!! There’s an idea. I could replant the acreage to hay and sell it for feed for those beasts.

This could work yet!!

Yes, and then later, when temps were often colder than normal, the hysteria was changed to “Climate change”. The media has a melt down when a heat wave hits in July now too, as though that is the strangest thing in the world.

1 Like

Indeed. I ended up moving to Florida in the 70’s participating of coming ice age.

Hell the lower then normal hurricanes was concerning to some at the time.

I said any because it wasn’t specifically targeted at you. But is that an incorrect label? I don’t recall seeing you in any of Pruitt threads.

Anyway. You know your article is about an experiment, eh? A first? A couple hundred grams of powder? That isn’t going to cost $1-10billion.

So your quote of the article:

The process does not have to be wildly expensive; in a report last month, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change suggested that a fleet of high-flying aircraft could deposit enough sulfur to offset roughly 1.5 °C of warming for around $1 billion to $10 billion per year1.

is itself a quote from a study done by Intergovernmental Panelon Climate change.

The intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is an intergovernmental body of the United Nations, dedicated to providing the world with an objective, scientific view of climate change and its political and economic impacts. Wikipedia

So your quote is talking in the context of a united nation’s think tank’s brainstorming of a theoretical global program that operated across both hemispheres and had an effect across the globe.

The reason why $1-10billion committed by the globe is cheap as hell in that theoretical global program…is because it is. On top of that you have to look at what the comparative losses would be if the earth warmed 1.5 Celsius.

1 Like

Well I was sure glad to not be in Kansas or Iowa on Sunday and Monday. They probably would have believed they were in an ice age, and maybe would have welcomed some global warming.

Everything above 45 degrees longitude will be snowed in. :wink:

Thiers entirely too many libs inflicting there lib power on us inteligent folk.

2 Likes