GW...nah..nothing to worry about

Oh how i wish this wasn’t a family friendly forum…

1 Like

#MeToo

1 Like

Not man. Will you admit that man isn’t causing the latest one?

1 Like

Guvnah laid it out- “Destruction of habitat” by humans. Really this has been going on since the end of the last ice age but has accelerated greatly in the last 50 years due to overpopulation, resource extraction and global warming. As he said- “We’re razing the Amazon and other rain forests at an alarming rate.”

Honestly Im in the same boat that there is nothing to stop global warming - or if a meteor was hurtling towards us. But I do believe we should be coming together to develop strategies for some mitigation and definitely a lot of adaptation. Sadly, the ship has sailed for a massive global effort to reduce carbon emissions. I thank denialists for that.

Ok then.

Extraction via heating rods or microwave. Dunno if that means fracking, thought that was more akin to other methods.

Things are better here, but the damage is cumulative. If a smoker starts getting angina and finds it hard to breathe, they should quit. But they also shouldn’t be surprised to come down with COPD or have an MI a few years down the line after quitting.

I live in a pretty small apartment in Brooklyn… so I don’t have that much stuff and the stuff I do have I use quite often.

Most of our furniture my wife built.

And then there are books…. Lots and lots of books.

So no… I don’t really own a bunch of stuff made in China. I have some stuff made in China… mostly electronics.

1 Like

Yep… the hypocrisy gambit in the game of “CHECKMATE LIBS !!!”

Stretching that term beyond all recognition,

Kudos!

And therefore raising it as an argument in a global warming discussion is a strawman.

Both can be true at the same time.

I can not be real, and we shouldn’t do anything until the rest of the world is ready to change too.

Then nothing will ever happen.

Good. Why should we cut our own throats if the rest of the world won’t follow suit.

1 Like

That way… we will all go down together.

If the rest of the world isn’t on board we all will anyways…. We will just go down earlier

I think you are getting the Fifth Element confused with Armageddon and maybe Deep Impact…but that’s just me.

Honestly this issue is becoming much more important to me than climate change at this point. I’m gonna say both Armageddon and Fifth Element pale in comparison to another Bruce Willis flick- Die Hard- for one main reason-Die Hard had Alan Rickman as the villain.

Can we at least all agree to that???

Understanding the entire system and controlling it are two separate things. Simple human nature, developing nations are not going to agree to starve their citizens today because the climate will change for the worse tomorrow. Better come up with a science solution because no way there will be a political science solution.

3 Likes