GW...nah..nothing to worry about

The only way it will is if a power source is discovered that will allow our military to gain a quantum leap in force projection that just happens to be a clean source of renewable energy. Then billions will be channeled into the science so we can stay at the forefront.

Not hardly.

I know.

And developed nations won’t sacrifice their way of life either.

The funny thing is we actually have carbon capture technology and carbon reclamation technology.

But a lot of carbon to reclaim…

1 Like

That’s the spirit!

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for finding better/cleaner ways to do things for the sake of being good stewards of out natural landscapes. That will happen over time because people care about pollution, even on the right.

I’m just not willing to be the only kid (nation) on the block that wants to hold my breath until I pass out just to cut Co2 output. Co2 isn’t like other pollutants, it’s debatable if it’s a pollutant at all.

Personally I think trying to up our food production so that 3rd world countries aren’t clear cutting their forests for farmland, even if it means our own co2 output goes up, will do a lot more for the environment than cutting our own throats as some token gesture to “the planet” while other nations just watch.

2 Likes

Ohh there is tons we can do! The left just doesn’t want to piss off the people who own them.

My solution, carbon capture on an industrial scale at whatever price needs to be paid to fix it. Simple. Instead of Branson burning a million carbo tons to try not to puke in space. What a waste of carbon that was.

So what action against China do you propose?

Nobody has addressed this question either:

How so?

Do the math …

If there is nothing you can do to stop it, there is no purpose in worrying about it. If you want to survive, adapt.

Should have let them burn for the last hundred years. Then it would not be such a problem now.

It’s a lot more common than “for the second year in a row.”

What nonsense. Nobody is blaming Canada. They do not manage forests in the US.

And State. Californian has been managed by libs for decades.

Denialists? By that do you mean China and India?

Shouldn’t we be building towns, cities and industries further inland and moving our populations there in preparation for rising sea levels? Shouldn’t coastal land prices be plummeting if the land is due to go underwater? Shouldn’t global warming believers be divesting themselves of coastal holdings and moving inland? Well, if those invoking panic truly believed it, we would. But no such trends are discernible.

One could even say that Branson is a waste of carbon. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“Samm, post:312, topic:239667, full:true”]

With population growth trees need to come down to build housing and open up more farm land.