Guess when Rosenstein's termination date

The hardcore push by the Fox News cheer squad seems a bit much. I mean, tone it down guys, you’re being waaaaay obvious.

1 Like

You might be right. I was reading alt right message boards and they weren’t happy that fat donald decided not to release the documents.

I would say there is no way but then I remeber the past 18 month

1 Like

Fake news NYT, anonymous sources, lying McCabe memos

All the proof trump needs!

Additionally, sources tell ABC News according to the memos – Rosenstein told McCabe he could recruit members of the president’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office for being unfit. Rosenstein believed he would be able to convince Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kellyto sign on, according to the sources.

The ABC article is much clearer than the NYT.

The telephone line of info apparently goes Rosenstien to McCabe. McCabe to memo. Memo to anonymous. Anonymous to Anonymous. Anonymous to media.

Does not compute.

i’d laugh my ass off if Mueller just needs something like this to tie the bow.

1 Like

I’d laugh my ass off if this is all exactly true and Mueller wore a wire in his meeting with Trump.

No. Mueller’s too much a professional to do that and run the investigation. He would have turned down the special prosecutor job and let them know he was a potential witness.

Trump firing rosenstein over an anonymously sourced nyTimes article is the height of irony

No surprise that Breitbart’s headline is the exact opposite of Rosenstein actually said

“Report: Rod Rosenstein Wanted 25th Amendment Ouster for Trump, Secret Oval Office Recordings”

I am getting the sense that this is going to fizzle quickly, but we shall see.

Here is a new account from the Washington Post:

While McCabe’s memos assert both the recording and 25th amendment conversations occurred at a meeting within days of Comey’s firing, another person at the meeting, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, insisted the recording comment was said in a moment of sarcasm, and that the 25th amendment was not discussed.

That person said the wire comment came in response to McCabe’s own pushing for the Justice Department to open an investigation into the president. To that, Rosenstein responded with what this person described as a sarcastic comment along the lines of, “What do you want to do, Andy, wire the president?”

He should not fire Rosenstein over anonymous sourced articles. The NYTs says this comes from several DOJ and FBI officials. Hold an investigation. There are only a number of officials who would have been in a positions to hear these things. Put them under oath.
Then, if there are multiple sources who confirm, fire Rosenstein then…or at least transfer him to personnel.

1 Like

That is a great question. I’m not sure how Executive Privilege would work in a termination scenario. Of course classified information would need to remain just that. However, they could strongly hint at what they know, and if they have the spine, could even engage in whistleblower protection and reveal all.

That sounds reasonable

I believe the hiccup in that is this:

Sources familiar with the memos of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe tell ABC News that, according to those memos, during a conversation in May 2017 between McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Rosenstein suggested that McCabe or others wear a wire when speaking with President Donald Trump.

Memos memos memos. If true, this should all be in McCabe’s memos from his perspective.

This sounds much more in line with reality but the message and talking points have already been released by Shine

And it is just that, speculation. But perhaps it is that twinge of optimist in me, that there is someone intelligent working behind the scenes to end our nightmare and is willing to play a grand game of chess (or would it be chicken here?) to achieve a positive end for the nation.

A very fair point, to be sure.

I keep wanting to believe there is something in him that places the well-being of the nation ahead of some sycophancy desire to serve the Master. Perhaps I am naive though.

:+1:

10 char

Heck…maybe Pence is behind all of this. :rofl: