Guess he has just given up with the whole Mexico will pay for the the shtick

This has been beat to death over the last year and a half. Give it a rest already. :roll_eyes:

frothing at the mouth…

That was kind of my take regarding the OP.

That’s your take on everything…

Can you show the accounting for this claim?
(Hint: no you can’t, because it’s a fallacy, a lie told by idiots, believed by same.)

2 Likes

Not all of them, some are DOs. :slight_smile:

Nope. I hadn’t seen that video. It was pretty cool though. I want one.

It was hard to make out what he’s saying over all the laughter.

I guess the wall could be a benefit to some enterprising entrepreneurs in Mexico - particularly those with planes that can go over a wall or boats that can totally bypass walls.

1 Like

Tunneling devices will also prosper.

1 Like

It’s been explained to you people, ad nauseam.

I know, you still want to pretend that Trump means the government of Mexico will actually ship bars of gold to the USA, for the exact cost of building the wall.

Back in January of 2017:

Trump claims Mexico will ‘indirectly’ pay for a wall through NAFTA

With a renegotiated NAFTA, the US will get a better deal. With a reduced trade deficit, our businesses will see increased revenue, which translates to a corresponding increase if the federal government’s tax revenue.

Guess who pays those taxes?

Here’s a hint - it’s not Mexico.

Who is buying those products made by US companies? Mexico is. It’s money coming from Mexico, and into your pockets, with the feds taking their normal tax deductions.

If you sell me (Mexico) an average of one item year, for a $5 in profit to you, and then we agree on a new deal where you are selling me ten items a year for $50 profit to you, where is that $50 in profit coming from? It’s coming from me. It’s coming from Mexico.

So your hand-waving explanation (not an accounting) is that US taxpayers will pay for a wall, one way or another.

It’s simple. The taxes are on the money that Mexican consumers are paying to purchase products from American companies.

You are just playing games now. You claimed that it was a lie, when @Cratic3947 said Trump commented on how “the new Nafta deal would pay for it.” You been proven wrong.

So take the profits of American companies and pretend it’s taking it from Mexico?

Good enough…

1 Like

When was a federal sales tax started?

So a Mexican in Mexico is purchases a product from the U.S., the purchase is taxed and those taxes come back to us…how?

Your idea of “proven” is quite sketchy.
You’re claiming with no evidence that work will move from Mexico to the US, then tack on the absurd claim that all that work product will be purchaed by Mexico.

I asked if Conan If he could provide an ACCOUNTING. Do you know what that is? It involves numbers.