Guess he has just given up with the whole Mexico will pay for the the shtick

I think you misunderstood me.

I’m saying, for example, that if Mexican consumers buy a billion dollars worth of GM cars and parts, GM pays federal taxes of those profits.

So it is taking money from Americans after all.

GM doesn’t have the authority to tax Mexican citizens. Nor does trump.

You really have to be trying to extra hard not to comprehend my comments, to leap to that conclusion.

It’s just silly

Please enlighten me. How would it work?

1 Like

How much Federal Tax does GM pay to America, in a year, on one billion worth or autos and parts sold in Mexico?

When has GM sold one billion dollars worth of autos and parts in Mexico?

You’re giving hints about your accounting.
So lets run it down: if GM were to sell a billion dollars of goods to Mexico in a year (where does that estimate come from?) what would the EBITA be? Maybe $200M? What about net before taxes? 100M? How much tax would they pay on that? $15M? So based on your hypothetical, what percentage of the annual wall building and maintenance cost would the hypothetical GM taxes be covering?

well, GM will have to sell 5 times that to cover their loss from the tax cut…

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-08/how-a-tax-cut-handed-gm-a-5-billion-loss

How a Tax Cut Handed GM a $5 Billion Loss

1 Like

and every cent of that money is already being used so… you didn’t save anything you only ended up spending more money.

Its like trying to pay off your water bill using your credit card and call it saving money.

1 Like

You already tax companies on their profits.
your yet to tell us how you would reduce the spending by being how much the wall will cost, all your doing is increasing the budget.

He also forget to note that major companies that do business internationally have separate sub companies in those countries (Ford, etc) so they can avoid paying double taxes on those profits.

Oh yes, this isn’t even a good first approximation on how small the contribution to the expense might be.

By US corporations.

Not going to happen. The value of the wall as a political prop (both as Donald’s vision and as a means to show how them nasty leftists are blocking it) is more valuable to him than actually constructing the silly thing.

:laughing:

a New York City con man conned a bunch of yokels in the South and Midwest. that’s all this era is.