Group of House Republicans file articles of impeachment --- against Rod Rosenstein

The bill they just put forward was entirely symbolic, timed so that they could use it for PR spin over the next 5 weeks.

He’s just as full as ■■■■ as the rest of them, if not moreso.

"Though the move marks an escalation by Trump allies against Rosenstein, who has drawn Trump’s ire for appointing Mueller last year, Meadows sidestepped a procedural move that could have forced the issue to a vote this week and laid bare divisions among Republicans. Instead, the House is leaving Thursday for a five-week recess and it’s unclear whether conservatives will attempt to force the issue when lawmakers return in September."

5 points. Well done.

The way its supposed to be done is

A) subpoena the documents

B) if DOJ is unresponsive, take your contempt of Congress charge to the DC US Attorney and file suit.

But that isn’t grandstandy enough for the rubes. This goes nowhere and is really as much about trying to humiliate Paul Ryan as it is about Rod “The Man” Rosenstein.

You need a 2/3 vote in the senate to remove him. Somehow I don’t see that happening

In order for a conviction to occur, 2/3 of the Senate must vote guilty. No way this has 67 votes. Its political theater.

1 Like

…and prior to that it smelled like Russian collusion? Maybe it’s your olfactory senses that stink.

Why hasn’t Gym Jordan been charged yet? As a coach he was a MANDATORY reporter and many have said they told him.d

The investigation is still ongoing. Have any charges been filed yet?

The question is WHY did they have to do something?

No. It’s a fun move. Useless but fun bekez the vote is as far as it will go. There shall come no anything of substance as long as Paul Benedict Arnold “Lyin’” Ryan defaults to the radical infected libmongers of the dem party rather than the good God fearing patriot conservative republicans of his own.

Just like the GOP kept having votes to repeal the ACA while Obama was in office, knowing it wouldnt pass. Political theater to play to the base.

No, but she did misspell Gym. :wink:

I agree with Ms. Yates here. The long-term damage that these complicit Republicans are engaged in, to try and run interference for Donald Trump of all people, is occurring right before our eyes. These anti-American sycophants will gladly destroy the whole of our Law Enforcement Institutions, which could take generations to recover, and they will go down in history as some of the worst our nation has produced. This is a dark time for America, and history will be brutal to these men and their legacies. Future generations of their own grandchildren and great-grandchildren will disown their relationships to them.

1 Like

If Trump is exonerated, whose head should roll for putting the country through this mess?

Did any heads roll after the many failed Beghazi investigations?

Why should any heads roll at all? Look at all of the indictments as proof that the investigation has already yielded great gains for the US and the criminal justice system. The identification of the GRU agents alone, has made the investigation worth its while. Forcing the Kremlin to shut down these operations has been a massive success by Mueller.

Sessions sdefending Rosenstein.

“My deputy, Rod Rosenstein, is highly capable. I have the highest confidence in him,” Sessions said during an appearance in Boston.

“What I would like Congress to do is to focus on some of the legal challenges that are out there,” including illegal immigration, the attorney general added.

Oooh somebody’s getting desperate. Or doesn’t understand how government works. Or more likely, a little from column A and a little from column B.

1 Like

No they didn’t have to do something. This is another stupid Benghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazi-type disaster in the making. Damn, your side can’t stop sinking in its own quicksand.

Ryan opposes the impeachment kabuki theater.