Grill that porterhouse to perfection

Yeah, that wouldn’t occur to me. It’s good though.

Also, I’m far more competent in a written form than I am in real life. That’s always been my weakness.

Yes, me too. I tend to think of my witty replies in the parking lot on the way to my car—or right before bed.

When I was a kid, and i first realized this weakness, I decided to try to plan conversations ahead of time, complete with all possible replies to my possible conversation starters.

I don’t want to say homeschooling had anything to do with this, however…

2 Likes

Agreed, just a touch of salt and BOOM!

That’s all a good steak needs. I have a good ribeye last night; yum.

Fresh rosemary is great for any piece of meat; whether it’s beef, pork or chicken.

I started an herb garden this summer. I have more basil than I know what to do with. It’s great.

And of course, President Trump’s stupid trade policies are screwing up the meat markets. US meat is piling up in cold storage.

https://www.axios.com/billion-pounds-us-meat-stockpiles-slowing-overseas-sales--756cda37-35ef-4008-810a-a7f680d3b578.html

#MAGA!

Can I downvote “flavor my steaks”? No offence to anyone, but the only thing I add to my steaks is some salt.

1 Like

I have a little spice garden in a window planter, but my apartment doesn’t get enough light and my basil leaves stay real small, so those plants are often very barren looking.

Garlic that is up 400% over regular garlic.

Black garlic’s support for Donald Trump is 33%.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Nothing like a prime rib to get the heart missing few beats. :laughing:

Salt?

Why?

I’m sorry.

My backyard is small, and entirely concrete. But I decided I could do 5 gallon containers. I have 10 green tomatoes i’m eagerly waiting to ripen. I never knew this would excite me like it does.

Awesome on French fries too. If you’re a limp wristed liberal dandy like me and don’t eat meat.

Health reasons was probably the wrong choice of words. I spend a lot of time and energy in the gym so I try to eat as clean as possible.

Agreed.

Good steaks grilled to perfection need nothing added for flavor.

I planted watermelon this year. Every day my wife goes outside to turn the small watermelons so they aren’t flat on one side. It tickles me to see her taking such pride in a little green orb.

1 Like

Do you seriously not salt your steaks?

Tangent: I have a brand new salt block to grill on. It’s amazing. I didn’t salt the flank steak i cooked on Tuesday… It didn’t need it after cooking on top of salt.

They think they’re special. Snobs…

Ha, I had no expectation of reading the whole thing until that happened.

We did roasted capons today. It will be steaks tomorrow. My brother and sister and their families and my kids and their spouses are here today and tomorrow.

The grumbling you may hear tomorrow is my having to cook steaks beyond medium for my brother and his family. :smile:

It is generally a rule around here that steak does not get cooked beyond medium rare. :smile: