Greater Idaho I find it intriguing

id like a new state of housaustin antonio

Oh I thought they wanted a 51st state called Greater Idaho. I should read more before I comment

As well as the potential loss of a congressional district / electoral vote.

Correct. I can’t see even getting 25 % vote in the Oregon legislature.

Allan

They seem to be some that care, and all of this is constitutional. To throw the whip cream on the top most a recent poll shows progressives in Portland are in favor of letting them leave as well. Seems like a win win to people who no longer recognize the other, have nothing in common and stay away from each other like the other has the plague.

And it is constitutional states can redraw their borders if agreed upon by their neighbors so no blood no war no whatever, this is why I find and intriguing possible answer to the rising polarization.

Perhaps you can show us where in the constitution this is?

Allan

Further segregating populations by political beliefs is not a “possible answer,” it will do nothing but increase polarization.

1 Like

texas needs to split into 5 states.
austin to san antonio area 1
houston metroplex 2
dallas metroplex 3
elpaso down along the border 4
the rest remains as texas…

El Paso area can be easily folded into New Mexico.

With the moniker of New New Mexico.

Allan

1 Like

No chance because it’s silly. If this works, more crap like it will follow. Maybe Austin want to be part of New Mexico. How about Seattle being part of Canada.

Once some crazy action is done, people will try again. Just like Jan 6. If that was successful, elections will become unnecessary.

Of course they can do it if voted yes by all parties it would have to be ratified by congress a long shot but yes it could and has happened on three occasions in America.

It’s funny that we can try to influence Israel to accept a two state solution but the same thing is taboo in our backyard.

3 Likes

Me too. In between San Francisco and LA.

Who owns the land in counties in Idaho? The state? Or the people?

Both, I assume.

no thanks,we’ll stay here.
why shouldnt the ouston,austin and san antonio areas,which politically are vastly different from the rest of the state have to submit to autocratic rule from dear leader abbott and teh far right ?

There’s no reason to think Idaho wants anything to do with it, either.

They should, where they came from.

Don’t the parasites in Portland in favor of allowing this realize their meal tickets will go with the residents to Idaho?

That’s the progressive mindset in a nutshell - “Be happy in your quaint village! We’ll make all of the important decisions for your life.”

1 Like

:roll_eyes: I said nothing of the sort.