Gov Cuomo still mandating nursing-homes to admit even confirmed COVID-19 people

I found this interesting video from Governor Cuomo from March 2 where he has a long discussion on the risks. He notes that seniors and people with debilities are most vulnerable. (8:40) Here are some statements from the video:

In this situation, the facts defeat fear because the reality is reassuring. 7:00
The mortality rate estimated to be about 1.4% . . .The normal flu mortality rate is .6%. 8:20
We have the best health care system in the world. . . We don’t even think it will be as bad as it was in other countries. . .10:25
This is not, so far, something you get through casual contact. It has to be prolonged exposure. -Mayor de Blasio 15:20

1 Like

To me that’s far less damning than He, Deblasio, and the NYC DPH flat telling the population not to worry about it because NYC was at extremely low risk so they could all go out and party like 1999 without a care in the world to protect the overall economy and tourist industry in particular which NYC cannot exist without being healthy.

That act alone accounts for well over half, probably at least 3/4 of the infections, suffering, and death based on how effective the “SD” and movement restrictions are showing to be.

They could have even closed the airports and harbors completely to interstate and international airline travel but at they time they were among those who considered such restrictions, harmful, racist, an xenophobic.

Unless dem’s have full control of both houses and keep republicans from calling witnesses to the endless hearings being called for in the name of ''oversight" a great many virtue signalling, blame shifting charlatans are in deep ■■■■■

OMG!!!

Thanks for sharing Bill.in.PA.

Cuomo is still pulling the wool over eyes of many here in not limiting nursing home admits to confirmed people testing negative to this virus.

Here in another article he states “that nursing homes are the state’s No. 1 concern.”

And even with these reports and the negative attention brought out on this, still no new directive or amendments are yet made.

Oh I dunno. He (A. Cuomo) got a ton of face time, sniveled and whined about an imminent disaster. The Prez rushed the USNS Comfort out of drydock and mobilized the USA Corps of Engineers to NY.

New York’s nursing homes weren’t allowed to challenge a controversial order to admit patients with the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday — even though it’s been blamed for spreading the deadly disease among residents.

■■■■■■■■■ believable.

I can understand a nursing home not being allowed to remove a resident for being diagnosed with the virus but bringing a sick patient into a nursing home is beyond criminally stupid IMO. They should be housed in some other place…like what Samaritan’s Purse is doing in NYC but dedicated to this situation.

Did you see/hear her speech telling everyone not to worry as late as Mar 3-10 time frame about the Parade?

Creating something over 9,000 hospital beds that went almost entirely unused.

Somehow that’s his fault too.

NYC had so much excess capacity they ended up exporting it.

1 Like

Yes. She has really dug her grave on this one IMO. If she’s the expert and people made their decisions based on her professional opinion, she owns a share of NYC’s pandemic problem…period.

I think you are agreeing with me.

1 Like

A Cuomo should be looked at for negligent homicide. C Cuomo, his ■■■■■■■ brother almost assaulted a bicyclist while C Cuomo was supposed be at home with the Chinese bat flu. Both these guys are too ■■■■■■■ much.

Frankly with an overabundance of beds, Coumo was probably following orders. To use his own residents as political pawns in trying to check mate the POTUS. Trump saw right through this plot.

NY population - 19.45M
Total deaths - 22,275

Unless my math is wrong, that’s like 1 out of 900 New Yorkers dead of COVID in less than 2 months.
Damn.

Of and/or with. Yes, New York has had a very rough go.

Also suspected or probable.

What’s your position on the good governor mandating nursing homes to admit ALL residents into nursing homes despite having covid-19 beds available elsewhere?

No chance of that Bro Bo, Sovereign Immunity.

It sounds like if the nursing home can’t provide adequate care and protection then they aren’t forced to accept them. Is that right?
Having said that I’m glad that hasn’t happened at my Mom’s facility. Mistakes happen.

I think you need to re-read that Op-Ed. The bolded statement is exactly what is happening in New York.

This is not the case.

No nursing homes are being forced to accept new patients. They’re just not allowed to kick them out after they test positive.