Gov Cuomo still mandating nursing-homes to admit even confirmed COVID-19 people

But they were required to re-admit them?

Yes. They were required to re-admit the patients who already lived there, after they were discharged from the hospital.

I imagine for most (if not all) of those patients, it was the only home they had.

Both actually, read the article by the State Nursing Home Assn.

2 Likes

Which article is that?

I just see a lot of NYPost Op-Eds.

Yeah, I donā€™t know what else they could have done with them. Although it was apparently a problem and very dangerous.

1 Like

Then you havenā€™t looked, itā€™s already been posted several times.

2 Likes

Not in this thread.

Why does it need to be repeated here? Weā€™re not required to spoon feed you the same news in multiple threads on the same subject.

1 Like

So Iā€™m supposed to go running all over the board to find a link to support your claim?

Thatā€™s not how it works.

No, you can do whatever you want, try reading the forum and I dunno, maybe some actual news sources of your ownā€¦ .

Hint, the policy even prevented Nursing homes from even testing the patients prior to admission or readmission as well.

1 Like

Itā€™s not my job to do your research for you. If you make a claim, itā€™s your job to back it up - other weā€™re all going to assume you made it up, or misinterpreted what you read (as you so frequently do).

Iā€™m under no obligation to participate in, or read any threads on this board. Please stop this desperation, and either provide a link, or concede that it doesnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Go bother someone else, Iā€™m tired of playing fetch for disingenuous posters.

Educate yourself, thatā€™s your responsibility not mine.

Do you think many people are being newly admitted to nursing homes in NYC right now?

I understand that nursing homes are currently obligated to re-admit patients when they are discharged from the hospital. I have no evidence that any nursing homes have been forced to admit new residents who were COVID positive. I imagine most, if not all nursing homes are not currently accepting new residents.

:rofl:

This might be the most ironic post youā€™ve ever made on this message board.

And that is saying something.

We can conclude at this point that you made that up.

Since you are apparently incapable of learning on your own or making any effort on your own to do so, one last bone.

"No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH (nursing home) solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission."

Now go educate yourself or donā€™t, I donā€™t care but itā€™s not my job.

1 Like

Have any nursing homes in NYC been forced to newly admit any COVID-positive patients?

Fredo and Freddy.

A Cuomo sure knows how to hoodwink the sheeple. Like his dumbass ventilator crisis and comenederring more from upstate. He is the king with no clothes. And, blowhard brother, C Cuomo, not much better.

They should have sent them to the Governorā€™s Mansion.

Well that would require some to comprend the English language. Kind of like passing a bar exam.

:kissing: